New Horizon (Chapter 33)

*Evening May 21*

You blink once, twice, three times. The figure you saw had suddenly vanished from sight, the chills keep traveling down your spine...

Ren: Hmm? Is something wrong?

You: N..No just I must be tired.

Ren: Well once Sojiro finishes your curry it should make you feel much better.

You: I hope so.

Sojiro: Well here you go.

Ren: Speak of the devil.

Sojiro places a nice hot steaming plate of curry right in front of you. You thank him for the meal and begin to eat. The curry blows your mind as the flavors seem to accumulate together and explode into something far greater. Finishing your food and coffee, you say good night to Ren and Sojiro to head back home.

The image of the figure still haunting the back of your mind, trying to focus on something else, you take one of your pills to get that small jolt before arriving home. Once you do arrive at your home, you take the time to take a long shower to sort out your thoughts. Not to mention the mark that is slowly spreading on your chest is another valid worry of yours.

After finishing your shower, you grab your phone and begin to send Makoto some texts.

*Your Text: Hey you up?*

*Makoto Text: Yeah? What's going on Y/N?*

*Your Text: I wanted to know something.*

*Makoto Text: Hmm? What is it?*

*Your Text: I don't know. Just.. I feel like I am running in circles. Especially when it comes to my condition.*

*Makoto Text: Are you getting worried?*

*Your Text: I am worried that our time will be cut short. I won't be able to do anything in my life. I feel like I would just fade away. But there are times where I am filled with over confidence and I feel like a different person entirely. It has caused much confusion in my mind and thoughts.*

*Makoto Text: Maybe you are just trying to push past the feeling of your condition and trying to focus on trying your best?*

*Your Text: That might be it.. Well.. Thanks for listening to me, sorry if it was sudden.*

*Makoto Text: Hey don't be sorry. I am here for you.*

*Your Text: Thanks..*

*Makoto Text: You're welcome. Besides, what else am I gonna do with you?*

*Your Text: Hmm..?*

*Makoto Text: You stole my heart I told you, you better pay me back with interest!*

*Your Text: Hahaha, well I will try my best to pay it all off.*

*Makoto Text: You better. Good night <3*

*Your Text: Good night, Makoto.*

You put your phone down and sigh to yourself. More troubling thoughts plague you but you attempt to sleep it off and get prepared for tomorrow....

*After School May 22*

Ann: Are we ready to do this?

Ryuji: Hell yeah we are! We got this!

You: This is me and Yusuke's first time stealing a treasure you know.