Futaba's Memories Part 1 (Chapter 89)

*Cognitive World*

Your POV

Moving up the steps, you begin to limp as the numbing feeling in your leg aches after putting weight on it. The wound you gave yourself to escape the Shadow has reduced your mobility. Taking deep breaths, you continue and enter another chamber of stairs, the steps are massive, so you must climb each one. The torches on the walls flicker as small gusts of air blow past and a sudden clicking sound can be heard. You look around to spot what is happening. There is a soft rumble at your feet that quickly grows bigger and bigger. You turn to look at the top of the stairs and notice a giant boulder has begun to roll down. Panic sets in as you seek a way to avoid the impending doom.

You: Shit..! What do I do?

You continue to look around as the boulder draws closer, leaving you with mere moments to solve your crisis. You look at a small wall that looks misplaced in the background and notice scratch marks at the bottom. You leap forward, leg be damned, and ram your shoulder into the wall, quickly pushing it back to sink into the wall, giving you enough space to avoid the boulder as it rolls past. Taking a painful breath you hold onto the wall as blood begins to pour out of your leg.

You: Damn... I reopened the wound..! Need to hurry fast, I won't last long in this condition.

Using the sword as a crutch, you quickly approach the top of the tomb. Looking very wary of traps like before but seemingly the coast was clear. And so you arrive at a massive door that you press your hand on to attempt to open. After a moment of struggling, it begins to give way and opens for you. You enter a room filled with gleaming lights that shine across the room and hit the center, your eyes sprout wide open as you notice Futaba encased in some crystal-like structure.

You: Futaba!

Futaba's Shadow: So you made it.

You: Futaba?

Futaba's Shadow: She is stuck and you can't get her out by normal means.

You: I have to at least try.

Futaba's Shadow: You're free to do what you will but time is not on your side. Don't rush because of your emotions.

You: Damn it..! Well, how do I get her out?

Futaba's Shadow: Haunted by the nightmares and dreams of the past, one should collect the piece and only then it should reveal the key to salvation. 

You: Vague but I think I understand. Time for some good old detective work.

Taking a look at the lights, you notice they are aligned in a way that makes them stand out. You start at the furthest one and approach it. Voices can be heard as you approach...

Futaba: Hey Mom! Can we go and get ice cream?

Wakaba: Once I am done with my work then I'll take you out alright?

Futaba: Yay!

The voices fade to the echos and the light of the crystal vibrates and shows a panel of sorts. You examine it and press a button which seems to collect pieces of the light and dim.

You: Did that do it..?

Waiting for something to happen, you watch as the crystal dims and soon void of light. The line connecting it to other crystals is severed.