Getting on Track (Chapter 11)

*Morning May 6*

You wake up on Friday morning to slowly get ready for school. Doing your basic morning routine of getting dressed, getting your school stuff ready, making a tasty breakfast, and then heading to the train station. While on the ride on the train you pull out a book about puzzles and how the mind solves them. It's right up your alley and you begin to formulate complex problems in your mind within seconds while reading and solving them, giving you good practice, and you finish the book just before arriving.

On your way out of the station, you turned the corner and learned from your mistake from last time to not be distracted and were able to dodge out of the way of someone. As you do, you take a quick look at the person who you nearly bumped into. He seems to be wearing a different school outfit with a sketch book in his hand. You take notice of his laid back style and his dark violet hair, he seems to be in some sort of trance. You deduce that he must be some art student based on the evidence of his stature and what he is holding. You take a mental note and begin to walk to school. Makoto is standing at the school gates waiting for you.

Makoto: Took you long enough.

You: Sorry almost bumped into someone on my way here.

Makoto: "Almost"?

You: I made sure not to repeat my past mistakes *Cheeky Smile*.

Makoto: *Soft Giggle* Is that a jab?

You: Not at all, just saying I learn from mistakes.

Makoto: Good, cause you better learn fast. Let me show you the Student Council Room. It won't be long.

You: Great.

You follow Makoto for a few minutes as she leads you to the room. She takes the time to present it and explain its facility here. Then she reminds you once more to come see her here after school to get caught up. You leave to go to class after thanking her and she just replies with "you're welcome".

You get to class on time just before the bell as well as Ren. You both take your seats and watch as Kamakami begins the lesson for the day. As the day progresses you attend your other classes in which you learned quite quickly and knew beforehand. Social studies, English, Mathematics, etc. Your other classmates look at you with envy as whenever you were called to answer a specific question you answered with perfect accuracy. Some did gossip about how smart you were and maybe they should ask you for notes. Ann made a pouty face and spoke some envious lines towards you as well. You chuckled at her cute expression and saw that Ren gave you an impressive nod.

*Afternoon*

You had returned from lunch and nearing the end of the school day. Upon returning to class there was something bugging you. Some thought that was trying to tell you something or were you forgetting something else entirely? You couldn't quite remember for some reason and it kept bugging you in your last period of classes. So engrossed in that thought, you almost didn't hear your name being called by the teacher to answer a question and when you began to answer you almost made a mistake, but you caught yourself and answered correctly. Ann looks at you with a worried expression. You feel your phone vibrate.

*Ann Text: Hey are you okay? You look a little lost.*

*Your Text: I am fine, just I feel like I have forgotten something, I can't pinpoint what though.*

*Ann Text: It must be really bothering you, I can tell your total mood has shifted because of it.*

*Your Text: Don't worry about it. I will probably remember it soon.*