Makoto's Memories Part 4 (Chapter 121)

*Cognitive World*

Your POV

A streak of dark energy slips past your cheek, slicing it open. Makoto's Shadow shot it out of her finger, the wound started to burn, and a purple mark began to appear. A curse was afflicted upon you, slowly eating away at your strength.

You: Damn, I guess I let my guard down for that.

Makoto's Shadow: You'll be on your knees begging for my mercy.

You: Sorry, I am taken, and she already is enough I can handle. Not that I mind her nature, but-

You are cut off as your doppelganger strikes at you. With a slight tilt, you dodge and deflect his blade and kick him in the back.

You: Sorry, I guess I can get a little carried away when it comes to Makoto; she is the woman I love, after all.

With a smirk, you charge your flames into your blade and leap forward, knocking down both shadows, but are pushed back as Makoto's Shadow fires another black beam toward you. It narrowly hits your chest, but you block it just in time with Rebellion. Ducking under his swing, you kick, flip, and knock off his helmet, but it reappears instantly.

You: Neat trick, wish mine did that; oh wait, it does!

With a swipe of your hand, you feel the blue flames of your Persona burn your mask to your face; the helmet-like design with dragon features flips your hair back, and you radiate in your power. The purple bruise begins to spread, and the pain bites deep. It slows your reaction time, and soon, you feel the tip of his blade strike your arm. Before you can retaliate, you are punched in the face by Makoto's Shadow; the spike on the knuckles slashes your face. Blood shoots from your wounds, and the purple bruise begins to go down your neck.

Shaking your head, the blood quickly drips across your face and down your neck. The pouring liquid sticks to your skin and the adrenaline of battle start increasing your awareness. With a single step, you flash forward in a sprint and strike at Makoto's Shadow. Your doppelganger steps in front to defend her, but you switch your stance and slice through his defense and slash his chest, making a deep wound.

Your Shadow: G..Gah!

You: Hurts, don't it?

You kick his chest, which topples him to the ground, and you duck under her beam again and shove your sword deep into her stomach. Her mouth lays open as black drips of blood shoot from her wound. She grabs your face in anger and pushes you away. Wiping the blood from your face, you see she is still alive and standing. They both stand together, wounded but still in the fight.

You: Resilient Shadows.

Makoto's Shadow: Indeed... You've lasted a while against the curse, but your time has run out!

You: What?

A huge wave of blood shoots out of the purple bruise as the veins in your body begin to burn and combust inside your body, starting from the initial hit you took from her beam. The crimson color of your blood stains your skin and armor. You stagger back and forth, feeling the curse's effects and their damage. You lean down and fall to the ground. Just barely catching yourself before hitting face first. Sweat drips down your bloody face, and you struggle to reach your feet—a pool of blood trails around you.

Makoto's Shadow: That is why you should have died while feeling such pleasure. Pain is only enjoyable when you cause it.

You: Well... That makes two of us.

Makoto's Shadow: Excuse me-!

A burst of blue flame erupts from the stab wound in her chest. It explodes, and she is flung into the air. Distracting your counterpart, you race forward and punch him in the face and slash through his torso, cutting him in half and letting him fall over dead. Then, with one final flourish, you grab her in midair and let your flames burst forth and consume her to ash. Leaving nothing but black powder in the air.

You: *Breathing heavily* Just another day and another Palace done... Now... Let's get Makoto out of here.

The shadowy veil of the room slowly dissipates from view, revealing Makoto lying on the floor in a cage, looking up at you.

You: There you are. Hey, sweet cheeks.

Makoto: I knew you would come to save me.

You: Well, sorry, I had looked in other places, but they all said the same thing that you were in another castle. 

Makoto: Nerd.

You: Proud to be. Now, I don't see a specific lock on these bars; I think I need to slice through them. Step back; I am not entirely sure if this will work, but I have to try.

She does as she is told and stays out of the way when you pull back Rebellion and slash the bars. They hit the bars each one but only make a slight scratch on the surface.

You: Damn. Just like I thought, there must be some way to fully-!

A piercing pain shoots through your chest as a black beam rips through your back and out your chest, nearly hitting Makoto in the process. Blood shoots from your mouth and the wound. With a look of confusion, you quickly turn to see Makoto's Shadow and your doppelganger looking at you, fully healed and reformed.

Makoto's Shadow: Didn't think it would be that easy, did you..?!

Thank you for reading this chapter! I hope you enjoyed it! Almost done with the Arc. It should be the next few chapters here, and we will finally be done, so I look forward to it, everyone!

Due to some issues and problems I am facing in life, I am now promoting my Patreon to anyone who wants to support me financially; this will not only provide me with some income, however small or large it is, but it will allow me to focus even more effort into writing for you guys. It is entirely your decision to check it out and provide me with any money you want; the lowest starting is 5 minimum. It is entirely up to you again, patreon.com/AKAustin is my Pateron for you to visit! Well, I will See you all in the Next one! Thanks again!