Stunning Resolve (Chapter 15)

*Morning May 9*

You wake up to the usual morning of a school day. Get up, get dressed, make yourself some breakfast, get ready to leave for school. However the moment you began to sit up from your bed, intense pain shot throughout your body as you quickly held your shoulder. You grunted as the pain was very taxing and it nearly made you black out.

You: D..Damn I think the wound might be worse than I thought.. I gotta take it easy...yeah right.. knowing my luck the past week that is not going to happen...

You sigh and take it slow to not use your arm, only using it when necessary. You clear your throat and take one of your pills. The jolt of energy flares once more and you feel more awake than before. The energy helps you keep your mind off the uncomfortable feeling of your wound but you continue your daily routine as normal.

After finishing eating, you head outside and notice that you are very early and still have some free time to explore Yongen-Jaya.

You: Ren said he lives at Leblanc right? Maybe I should go and stop by and say hi.

You take your bag and begin to walk towards Leblanc, passing by Takemi's clinic you reach a corner and turn. Within a short distance you spot the Cafe with the sign posted as open. You look up and down at the nice little spot and proceed into the store. The door rings as you enter and the smell of coffee fills your nose, it is a warm aroma that fills you with enlightenment. Then a older looking man behind the counter turns to face you.

Older man: Hello, how can I help you? Hmm..? That outfit.. Are you a Shujin Student?

You: That is correct, I heard that Amamiya-san lives here, so I had some free time before school and I came to visit.

Older man: Is that so.. I'll go ask for him.. Hey Ren! A friend of yours is here!

Ren: A friend..?

You watch as Ren steps down the stairs and is surprised to see you in the Cafe. You give him a polite wave and turn to who you presume to be is the owner.

You: You know it. Say, I heard that your Cafe has some great coffee, I don't usually drink it but if you have a special blend that will surprise me, I would very much love to try it.

Older man: Is that so? Well challenge accepted, I might know the right beans. Say.. What is your name?

You: It is Y/N L/N, it is a pleasure to make your acquaintance.

Older man: Respectful too, well L/N-san, I am Sojiro Sakura, I am the owner here.

You: Sojiro huh? You got a pretty nice place here Boss.

Sojiro: You think so? Well I am grateful for the complement. Take a seat, I'll whip up that coffee for ya in no time.

You: Thank you. Say Ren? You gonna get ready soon?

Ren: Y..Yeah I'll be right down in a minute.

You: No problem.

You take a seat and look at the TV that is playing the news. Sojiro begins prepping your coffee and the smell fills your nose. It brings another warming sensation like when you entered and you become excited to try it.