Knowledge Eternal (Chapter 130)

(After School July 13th)

*Your POV*

As the final bell rings, the long first day of exams has ended. Putting your stuff away, you exit the classroom and receive a text. Taking out your phone to look at who it is, you are shocked to see it is Kawakami.

Kawakami Text: Hey, I was just discharged from the hospital. I am still recovering, but I will be back home and, before you know it, back to teaching soon. I don't know why, but I just felt like I needed to let you know. If you want to come see me, here is my address. *Insert fictional address here*

Without hesitation, you respond.

Your Text: Exams just started. If you are able, can I come over for a private lesson?

Kawakami Text: You better not be saying what I think you are saying. I am only joking. You don't need a reason to see me for that; I'll be waiting.

Putting your phone away, you hear the voice of your friends down the hall.

Ryuji: Is this for real...ugh... I swear I had to guess for all of them.

Ren: It sounds to me like you did fine, at least better than Ryuji levels.

Ryuji: Ahh broooo don't do me like that.

Ann: It was stressful, but we still have three more days. Save your worries till after.

Morgana: Hey! Y/N!

Ren: Hey, Y/N, how did it go for you?

Ryuji: Why are you even asking him? Of course, it went well for him.

You: Hmm? Oh, yeah. I did just as expected.

Ann: "Just as expected," meaning you did absolutely perfectly.

You: I guess you can sum it to that. Look, I can't hang out with you guys; I gotta take care of some things.

Ann: Wait, what about Makoto? She was looking for you.

You: Can you guys tell her I had something important come up? I promise to make it up to her.

Ren: Sure, you can count on us.

Ryuji: Wait, what?

Morgana: He's acting pretty sus, guys.

Ryuji: No way you just said that, Morgana.

Morgana: What?

Ann: You've definitely watched too much on the internet. Ren, we blame you for that.

Running off in the distance, you speed to the station. Getting on the busy train, it takes no time to reach her home after stepping off the station. The setting sun, now the rising moon, and nightfall left you in its dim light. It took you a total of forty minutes from the school to arrive at her home. Going from the elevator, you reach her apartment room and knock on it. A couple of moments pass before you hear a slight bang on the door. It causes you to jump before the sounds of locks turning and unlocking. Opening the door, you spot Kawakami in the middle of the door frame. At first glance, you can notice her hair is a little messy as she still has some bandages on her face and head. A long stream of bandages wraps around her left arm, and the noticeable outline of a large wrap around her chest as well.