The Chains of Desire Pt.2 (Chapter 52)

*Cognitive World*

Like bolts of lightning, you and your shadow rush forward and clash your blades together, sparks and embers of both flames burst forth. The ground shaking with each pressing moment of power colliding together. You stare into his eyes with no emotion and you see his expression grow dark as a devilish grin appears on his face as he begins to press further, causing you to take a few steps back.

You decide to slide off the clash and duck right under his blade. You recover as your wings carry you like a feather, so you are able to regain your stance much faster. Landing on your feet, you begin to defend against his strikes. He presses further which makes you struggle against his assault. Sparks fly off your blades as he overpowers you. You take a deep breath and when he attempts to strike down on you once again, you unleash the flames of your sword to push him back.

Launching into your own assault, putting him on the defense now, you swing your sword down and hear the loud clanging sound of your blades connecting. Your shadow reads your movement and does a ducking uppercut with the hilt of his blade, hitting you in the chin you stumble back. You regain your senses and channel your flames through your sword, launching a single beam of energy through. Attempting to catch him off guard with the attack, you quickly leap forward, ahead of the beam that moves towards him. Not expecting your risky move, he slowly begins to readjust but you feint a swing at his torso and change direction with the blade so you flip over his head. The moment you land you grapple him and face him towards the on coming beam that approaches..

He struggles in vain as you hold him still and the beam strikes you both and explodes which launches you backwards off of him. You hit the floor and roll to your side and stand up with your sword at the ready. The silver blue aura around you still swirling around, you notice the flames are not so bright as before, signifying that you are tapping your strength pretty fast and that the battle of attrition has begun. 

That is when you are surprised as you unexpectedly spot a dark purple beam of energy shot out from the smoke towards you. Lifting your sword to defend, you barely catch the attack and it forces you to the floor. Shaking off the brief moment of stun, you kick flip up to your feet and twirl your blade and get into a ready stance..

Your Shadow: Do you think you're the only one with tricks..? I got a couple of my own still to show..!

You: I will admit.. Wasn't sure if you were exactly the same as me in that regard..

Your Shadow: While you grow weaker by the second, I am still at full power! I will crush you and rid of you, right here and right now!

You: Just you try it!

You power up, the silver blue aura flaring around you. Your shadow does the same, an overlapping dark purple aura sprouts out like vines made of shadow and extends out creepily. Clashing once again, you take a step forward and slam your sword down to deflect his strike which he tries to counter with a roundhouse kick that you barely lean back to dodge. You come back with a spinning fist that he catches and attempts to throw you over his shoulder, but predicting this outcome, you pull your feet up and push off his shoulder, making him lose his grip and allowing you to escape. The moment your recovery ends you attempt to stab him in the chest, he barely deflects the blade which you let go of the blade and quickly spin to the opposite side and within one fluid motion you grab the flaming blade with your left hand and with that momentum you swing the sword around.

You catch him with the blade as it slashes his chest, causing him to grumble and step back as a black essence starts to leak from his wound. He begins to laugh to himself as he shows no concern for the injury. Knowing that you are able to switch your attack style on the fly, he begins to carefully analyze your moves and seems to get a better understanding at your fighting style..