Broken, Shattered (Chapter 41)

*Mementos*

After being consumed by the curse, you leap forward at the Reapers with full force. Lighting your sword ablaze in purple shadow, you grip the sword tightly and slash downwards. The impact on a Reaper explodes into a massive purple blast that consumes it. Laughing hysterically at the events, you twist and turn around violently to slash at the other 2 Reapers. Your power is overwhelming and consumes the others instantly.

You: HAHAHAHAHA! ALL DEAD NOW..!!!?? I'M JUST HAVING MY FUN!!!!

Upon losing any sense of control you spend a while searching Mementos to slay any creature that you find in your path, granting you the pleasure of killing... Time passes and the night is filled with the laughs and screams of something not even human anymore.....

*May 30 Morning*

Unnaturally, you find yourself waking in your bed, sore out of your mind and completely lacking energy. You groggily get out of your bed and burst into your bathroom to look at yourself in the mirror. You see your reflection and don't spot anything out of the ordinary. Your mind is racing back and forth as flashes of your state in Mementos causes you to slip into a confused and uncontrolled state of mind, almost like your mental sense is torn to shreds and you are having a hard time focusing.

As you try to take a moment to collect yourself, you look at your chest, and spot that the curse mark isn't on your chest, nor the black veins from before appear to be visible anymore. You hold your head in mystery as the thoughts of last night begin to replay once more as you had that encounter that caused you to transform. Upon realizing the shift of your state, you close your eyes to focus and then you open them, the golden shine within your eyes glows bright as you stare at yourself in the mirror. To your disgust and horror, you notice a heavy shadow that flows through your heart and is ever present around you.

You: The curse is still visible.. Damn it..!

You clench your fists tightly and sigh heavily as you feel sickly for a moment. The effects of taking in the curse has caused you to feel unbalanced emotionally and mentally. You get small cases of aggression and violence that makes you twitch.

You: I..It's hard to control it.. this feeling..!

You fall to your knees and hold your head tightly, the pain of it all is terrible as it causes you to bang your head on the wall. After a little while, you feel a slight calmness wash over you, leaving you a bit weak still...

You: I don't understand it at all.. What is going to happen to me now...

You sigh and decide to get ready. Letting the dark thoughts escape your mind and trying to forget in the moment. After getting ready for school you take a deep breath and head towards the station.

*Afternoon*

You attended the school field trip with Ren and other classmates. You find yourself sitting alone for most of the time however. Depressing thoughts invade your mind. You plant your face in your hands and close your eyes for a moment.

Kasumi: Senpai..?

You: H..Huh?