Ann & Yusuke's Memories Part 2 (Chapter 116)

*Cognitive World*

Your POV

Witnessing the two Shadows appearing, you raise your sword and charge.

Ann's Shadow: We can't have that!

With a flick of her fingers, a large pit opens up in front of you, stopping you in place. Yusuke pulled out a brush and painted in the air. The sparkled pain drips to the floor in symbols that cause a reaction to the ground, summoning colorful shadows to appear. Increasing their numbers, the Shadows begin to leap and bound toward you.

You: Enough!

Taking a deep breath, you slash through the painted shadows instantly, their bodies splashing the ground, creating a mess of art.

Yusuke's Shadow: Yes! Yes! Yesss! Please give me more! Please help me make my art!

You: I'll make you shut up. How does that sound?

Gripping your sword, you leap into the air and summon the black flames of your blade, channeling it through and unleashing a torrent of black flames. The Shadows jump to the side, and a whip crack is heard as you feel the stinging pain hit your chest, forcing you to the floor. You kick up and dodge another strike from Ann's Shadow. Grabbing the whip, you flip over and twirl with the whip, dragging her closer to you.

She lets go of the whip and does a spinning kick that hits your arm. You shrug it off and land a devastating punch to her stomach. With the focus in your mind, you summon Kage to burst from your fist, consuming Ann in the flames. The inky smoke trails off of her body as she falls to the floor, charred. Yusuke's Shadow, at this time, paints a vivid canvas of a giant creature. It pours through the paint and attempts to grab you.

Yusuke's Shadow: You think you can stop our marvelous pieces! I will show you how art triumphs!

You: Then let's see if it can hold up to me!

Sliding past the creature, you slash into its legs and topple it over. Before recovering it, you cut through it vertically, dissecting it into two. Flipping off its body, you slice off the Shadow's hands, and it looks at you with horror.

Yusuke's Shadow: My hands-!

Stabbing through his mouth with your blade, he gargles before his eyes roll to the back of his head as you shove the edge all the way through before ripping off the top of his head with it. The body falls and burns away to ash. Leaving you alone in the room.

You: Whew! Now let's free Ann and Yusuke-

You turn around to notice multiple paintings of Ann and Yusuke around the room. The stone texture of the castle begins to ink paint colors. Like a bad drug trip, the colors start to mesh together and form copies of Ann and Yusuke.

You: I've seen this in a bad hentai before, and I am not going to let it happen again!

Turning around, you pull out your gun and fire into the paintings, which seems to slow down some of the paint from forming more of the copies. Above, you see a jar filled with some mysterious liquid, and you shoot it. It splashes open, and the contents begin to rain from the ceiling. Taking cover behind a pillar, you see the liquid splashing onto the copies, messing up their color formations and stunning them.

You: Now is my chance!

With the plan in action, you quickly dispatch the copies with little effort and slash away at the paintings. With each one destroyed, the castle begins to shake, and the barrier over the Palace seems to weaken and crack. The presence of Bahamut only barely reaches you.

A hand grabs your shoulder and leg as you turn to see the melting copies try to stop you. You slash away at their limbs, leaving paint on your clothes and skin. You brush it off and move on to the remaining paintings. With each one destroyed, pieces of the castle begin to crash, revealing distant crystals holding the memories of Ann and Yusuke.

You: Bingo!

You reach and touch one of the crystals, which shows the vivid memory of Ann. It shows her time being harassed by Kamoshida. It cracks and shatters with the distant voices of Ann screaming. Looking around, you see a copy of Ann begin to spawn from the cracks of the walls; her melting face screams in agony as it dies.

Moving to the next crystal, you shatter it with a strike, revealing the memories of Yusuke working hard for Madarame. His hard work being used by him was painful, but he thought it was better this way.

And soon, the screams of a Yusuke copy begin to scream before melting away. Revealing the remaining crystals, you rush forward and shatter them to pieces. The ceiling of the castle caves in and nearly crushes you. Just barely dodging out of the way, you notice the painting in the middle still has Yusuke and Ann painted into it. However, a life-like texture remains.

You: Don't tell me...!

Realizing that the painting had imprisoned them, you rush ahead to take the painting from the middle of the room before more of the structure falls apart. Holding tight, you slide around to the side and have the painting in your hands, seeing Ann and Yusuke held up in such a prison.

You: Don't worry, guys! I will get you out of there! I need to get out here first!

Taking off in a sprint, you rush through the doors with the painting in hand and feel the ground start to crack beneath you...

Thank you guys for reading this chapter! I hope you enjoyed it! I'm nearly done with the arc. I hope the rest can continue without much issue on my end as work has been pretty messy right now, but I think I am finally getting somewhere, here's hoping it can work out!

Due to some issues and problems I am facing in life, I am now promoting my Patreon to anyone who wants to support me financially; this will not only provide me with some income, however small or large it is, but it will allow me to focus even more effort into writing for you guys. It is entirely your decision to check it out and provide me with any money you want to give me; the lowest starting is 5 minimum. It is entirely up to you again, patreon.com/AKAustin is my Pateron for you to visit! Well, I will See you all in the Next one! Thanks again!