Fatal Flaw (Chapter 139)

(Evening July 17th)

*Your POV*

Reaching toward the elevator, a sudden portal rips open, swallowing you whole. It is dark at first until you are shoved into an open space. Looking up from the ground, it is a reflection. This is in the space where your Persona's powers manifest. Whoever had set this up didn't close it in time. Certainly, the same person who caused the psychotic breakdown was the one responsible.

Then, a burning feeling inside your chest causes you to react instinctively. Rolling to your side, you avoid a bullet from piercing your heart. A figure clads in black walks into the light. It is the familiar figure that you have ran into so many times—the Black Knight.

Black Knight: I see. You have learned from your past mistakes. I have to say, you have impressed me greatly. It's a shame we aren't on the same side.

You: It's been a while. I see you are still sneaking your way around in the shadows.

Black Knight: What else am I supposed to do? I guess you took a charge, and here I am.

You: I don't forgive what you did to me. What I became after you shot me, so I hope you realize that I won't let you go.

Black Knight: Well, I am afraid that isn't going to happen. You see, we don't like snitches, and he was ready to spill everything. Didn't expect you to notice my presence so easily. No worries, this is much more entertaining.

You: I've learned a few neat tricks the last we met. I would be glad to show you what I am made of.

Black Knight: Please do. I want to see your strength!

He dashes forward, his sword nearly piercing your chest. The instant that it touches your chest, a whirlwind of blue flames blasts him back as Bahamut conjures itself to you. The silver tinted armor burns onto you and the long mask folds into a helmet. Rebellion appears in your hands. Then, with another channel of focus, Kage begins to wrap around the blade and hilt, coating it with its dark purple energy. The Black Knight stands up and scoffs at you.

Charging forward, you clash your blade against his. He draws his gun and fires, hitting the side of your helmet, dazing you briefly—the hilt of his blade clangs against your helmet, another debilitating attack. Leading into a parry, you flick your hilt and hit his hand, causing him to stumble his neck attack. With a channeling of your Persona's, you unleash a burst of flames that are guided by Kage's influence. They clash into his chest and send him into the air.

You: PERSONA REQUIEUM!

Combining both Persona's, allowing you to enable your wings, you fly into the air and land a strike to his chest. He falls but quickly shoots at you, clipping your wings, it causes you to fall. Hitting the ground, you recover the instant your body touched it. Quickly circling to your feet as the dust clears, you find the Black Knight is gone.

Black Knight: Predictable.

You:..!

You feel a bullet pierce the back of your shoulder as he fires a shot. The bullet rips through the armor and flesh. Exiting the other end of your shoulder, you hit the ground, bleeding. The pain shocks you for the moment until he fires another shot that clips your leg. Blood flows down your shin. Gritting your teeth, you push yourself to evade another shot and pull out your own gun to fire back. The first shot barely misses but the second shot hits the left side of his helmet. The moment stuns him as you push yourself toward the figure.