Within Cognitive Reason (Chapter 57)

*Cognitive World*

After taking the pill, you quickly feel your body lax and soon fall into a deep sleep that drags you past the realm of reality and into the Cognitive World...

You are drifting down further and further.. Until you reach the bottom and the world around you starts to form the mirror of the real world. Knowing what you want to test out, you close your eyes, soon channeling the power within you. The golden sheen spreads through your eyes and you activate your Shadow Sense. Like a pulse wave, you see much more clearly as the shadows of people walking around start to show a more clear resemblance of their actual selves.

You: I must be stronger with my abilities now. I can see everyone around me clearly. However, I need to see if I can use my power to change cognition..

You walk from your starting spot and walk towards a familiar street, turning the corner, you see the familiar clinic that is just filtered in a deep red glow. Upon entering, you feel a strong presence of a connection, realizing that your bond with Takemi is causing a pull towards her.

Entering the clinic, you see her sitting at her desk looking at her files and papers of prescriptions of patients. You notice the laptop she is working on is Ren's file.

You: Ren..? What is she doing with him I wonder...

Upon focusing you see the notes she has written down....

"Subject has taken the next version of my medicine. He reacted only 40 seconds later instead of 21 seconds. Side effects were minimal and results show that the medicine is progressing very well. I just hope he can still withstand my experiments, I feel bad for him as it might be taking a toll on him but he remains steadfast in his resolve. I should fix him up with some medicine to aid in his studies as a reward."

You: So you are working hard too Ren. Heh, well good for you helping out Takemi.

That is when you notice that Takemi switches from Ren's files and replaces them with your file. You notice her looking at the files with a newfound energy and determination as she begins to write down a few notes and looks at her study reports. You decide to read your own report...

"The subject is...No... Y/N, has been degrading rapidly ever since I first took on his case. Losing a lot of his life expectancy really caused a subconsciously apparent depressive side within his mental status. I am sure he doesn't know but I haven't told him about the full degradation of his brain cells from the medicine he was previously on. I have conducted and prescribed him replacements that won't do further damage, however the extent of the side effects are near impossible to reverse, even if he is cured before his time is up, long term effects of mental stability have been compromised. I hope that it doesn't come to it but he might develop personality disorders and mental breakdowns easily when under a lot of stress. I have recorded in his time of being unconscious.. He seems to be talking to himself, however the voice I am hearing isn't his. It is like he was a different person entirely as his speech pattern was different, his tone more aggressive and pompous, almost the complete opposite of the positive and forward thinking Y/N I know.."

You: What..? Do I really talk in my sleep..? I might need to find out more about this issue.. Hmm..? There's another note here..