A Day of Sun (Chapter 142)

(Morning August 25th)

*Your POV*

Waking up in the morning groggy and tired. You fall out of your bed and stretch as the pain from hitting the floor is the least of your worries. Standing up, you take a good look in the mirror to find your face still scruffy and showing signs of wear. Spending the next hour to care for your appearance, you freshen up and do the final touches. Approving your look, you head out to take the day in.

Walking down the block, you reach Leblanc. It's been a bit since you even said hi. So, like an awkward boy, you enter. The door chimes at your arrival, and the familiar smell of coffee fills your nose.

Sojiro: Welcome in, what can I get you for-Oh! Y/N! What brings you here?

You: Hey boss, sorry I haven't been around, just work stuff keeping me.

Sojiro: That's what Ren and Futaba have told me. Hopefully, they haven't fully corrupted you yet.

You: Hahaha, not yet, I'm afraid.

Sojiro: Good. What can I do you for?

You: The usual. I got some time off to myself, and I figured I would say hi to everyone.

Sojiro: Can't say that ain't a waste. Ren should be up, want me to call for him?

You: That's fine; I'll check up on him myself.

Sojiro: Suit yourself. Here, on the house.

You: Thanks.

Sojiro: Just enjoy it. I need to run something for Futaba, so if somebody comes in, please have Ren take care of it.

You: You got it.

Sojiro: Appreciate it.

After leaving, you finish drinking before heading up the stairs. Taking your time each step, you knock on the side of the wall.

You: Ren? I hope you aren't sleeping in?

Morgana: Woah... Y/N?

You: Hey Morgana.

Sitting up, Morgana looks at you, wagging his tail, before jumping onto Ren, who just turned around to see you.

Ren: Y/N, long time no see. 

You: That's how it feels. Just wanted to say hi.

Ren: Well... Hi.

Morgana: We've missed you.

You: I did, too. Work and everything have been a lot. I wanted to talk to you guys, but I have been dealing with some big cases. I barely get time home to even sleep.

Ren: Yeah, I wouldn't want to be in your shoes.

You: Right. Well, I have a big case that I am going after that involves the breakdowns that have been happening. I might be onto the trigger, man.

Ryuji: FOR REAL!?

Surprising you from the bottom of the stairs is Ryuji, Ann, and Yusuke. They look at you and back at themselves. Before a soft sigh escapes your lips, you motion them upstairs. they quickly join the circle, and you discuss them the details of the cases retaining to the breakdowns. Everyone sits and listens intently.