Relocation (Chapter 86)

*July 9 Afternoon*

Your POV

A couple of weeks have gone by and school life has returned to normal for the most part for the gang.  Makoto and your relationship has been public ever since Many students and classmates have frantically asked you questions about the whole situation, which you had to tell them off and try to keep simple. Makoto who was more embarrassed than anything was supportive of this endeavor. However, word leaked out soon after and Sae had learned from offhand sources of the relationship which made an awkward week of working with her almost unbearable. She soon adjusted to you dating her little sister after working a bit longer with you. You kept hard at your school work which proved to be very tasking as ever since regaining your humanity you felt as if time had more meaning and soon you were taking on your studies with more care and due diligence. That is when you received a call from Sae during your break time in the middle of school.

You: Yes, Sae-san?

Sae: Kaneshiro turned himself into the station, confessing his crimes of blackmailing Shujin academy students and various other crimes. Claiming the Phantom Thieves "changed his heart" if you could believe it. 

You: Would you like me to come into the station after school to help with the paperwork? It is a case under our department.

Sae: Your final exams are coming up aren't they? You should focus on those as much as you can. I can handle the paperwork just fine without you. So keep on studying for them alright? Tell Makoto the same.

You: Will do Sae-san. Good luck.

Sae: Luck? More like getting a lead on the Phantom Thieves. I wish they would let us do our jobs as officers of the law.

You: I could debate about laws and such but you're busy so bye Sae-san.

Sae: Yeah, well take care then.

You hang up the phone.

Ren: Was that Sae Niijima?

You: Yeah it was. Kaneshiro finally had that change of heart. Took him a while.

Ryuji: Awesome! We should totally celebrate!

Ann: We have final exams coming up you meathead. It's time to study.

Makoto: I have to agree. Final exams are going to be a tough one this time around.

Ryuji: Ehh screw that I want to go out!

Morgana: Ryuji it's best you listen. Don't want you to repeat a year now.

Ren: Alright that is enough guys.

You: Break time is almost over. I should start heading back to class...-

Maruki: Oh! There you are!

You: Doc! What are you doing here?

Maruki: I was trying to find you since it was your break time. Didn't want to disturb you during class time.

You: Sure what's up?

Maruki: I just got some things I wanted to discuss with you if you are up for it.

You: I got time after school ends. I'll shoot by.

Maruki: Perfect! See you soon.

You: You too Maruki-san.

Makoto: You two seem very close.

You: He has been a huge help for me. So I guess it was only a matter of time before we hit it off so well.