Persona's Requiem Final Part (Chapter 125)

(Cognitive World)

*Ren's Pov*

The Makoto Mimic charges forward. Upon my command, we split apart, having Makoto take on her clone. Ryuji steps up and slams his shoulder into the creature. Without letting him recover, the Mimic instantly grabbed his arm and tossed him to the ground. He coughed before its foot slammed on his chest. Makoto stepped up and landed a powerful strike into its abdomen. Yusuke is launched into the air by Futaba and Morgana's Persona. With little time to react, he sliced through the clone with his blade. I use my grappling hook, shoot into the damaged clone, and pull it toward me. With a twirl, I slash through the remainder of the clone with my blade.

Ren: Take that!

I take a deep breath before I am hit with a long, piercing blade into my shoulder. The Mimic had vanished, and the Dark Essense of Y/N had appeared before me with his sword in my shoulder. I yell in pain, my blood running down the blade; I refocus and grab onto the creature. With one solid piercing stab with my blade, it tenses up. I summon my Persona and unleash my most powerful curse upon him. It kicks me away, but I switch my Persona to Satan and unleash another powerful attack, engulfing the shadowy foe with dark flames. It screeches in pain before the remainder of the Phantom Thieves summon their Persona's to unleash their most powerful attacks upon the Dark Essense. A large explosion erupts, and we all fall over.

Morgana: Is everyone alright?

Ryuji: My ass is numb, but other than that, I'm fine- I GOT STEPPED ON!

Ann: Ryuji is doing just peachy.

Yusuke: I would love it if you guys would help me up; I seem to have exhausted myself with that attack.

Ryuji: Don't worry, I got you.

Makoto: Wait, where is Y/N?

Ren: Everyone, stay on your guard! We don't know if we won or not.

Futaba: I got no readings; I can't tell if-

A sudden flash of black energy hits Futaba, instantly knocking her out of the fight. Ryuji was the first one to defend against the next attack, and so was Makoto. I was too slow and got hit in the shoulder, which caused my wounds to worsen, and the blood trailed down further. Ann was also knocked unconscious by the blast, and Morgana was no safer. Half the team was down, leaving Me, Ryuji, Makoto, and Yusuke the only ones standing.

Dark Essense: I'll ensure you suffer a fate worse than death!

Makoto: We are going to take you down and save Y/N! Phantom Thieves! On me!

Taking charge, Makoto dodges the attacks aimed at her with agile ease. Learning the timing of his attacks, we followed behind her, tapping into what little strength we had left to support her. Yusuke deflected projectiles that came near us. Ryuji used his defense to take most of the attacks onto himself. I fired from range and used my Persona to bombard the Dark Essense with more curse attacks. Makoto was making a physical frontal assault upon him. With only a four-man team, we didn't back down from this fight. A single moment later, Makoto took her chance to unleash a powerful blow upon him. Her fist connected with his jaw and caused the vorpal shadows around him to quiver and weaken. Launched into a spiral, he landed, but Makoto focused her breathing and landed quicker with another strike that sent him toward us.