Reset (Chapter 13)

*Morning May 8*

You open your eyes, the gloomy sky barely shines any light into your room. The sound of rain pours outside as you feel the grogginess of last night. Without hesitation you grab Takemi's new pills and open up the bottle and take out one of the pills. You examine it, looking the same as the previous formula you take a deep breath.

You: There is no turning back once I take this. My body won't be the same after, depending on only her formula might be tough.. It's a risk I have to take..

You shove the pill into your mouth and swallow it. At first nothing happens, but then you feel a sudden jolt shoot throughout your body causing you to stumble to the floor. The tightness in your chest expands and you can't breathe. But then slowly it dies and so does the sinking pit in your chest. Almost like you are back to normal before the illness, you sigh and sit back up.

You: That didn't feel too great..

You cough a little and are surprised that it wasn't blood. You figured since you don't have school today, you are gonna take it easy for now and take a walk in the afternoon to visit some places. So you proceed to do your morning routine and have your breakfast. You lay in bed and pull out your phone. You notice you got a text from Takemi and open it.

*Takemi Text: Did you get home safely? I can't have you dying on me you know.*

*Your Text: Yes I did. I took the new formula this morning, it made me feel strange before feeling better and normal again.*

*Takemi Text: That was expected to happen. It was to kick your body into overdrive to adjust to the medicine quickly without issue. Anytime you take one of those pills you'll feel a jolt of energy that may cause you to feel strange but it shouldn't last more than a moment.*

*Your Text: So that is what I felt. So this truly means my body is dependent on the meds you gave me now?*

*Takemi Text: Afraid so, just be responsible with the supply I gave you and you shouldn't have problems. I gotta get ready to open the clinic so I'll talk to you later.*

*Your Text: Later Takemi.*

You put your phone down and yawn a bit. Some time passes as you idly stay in bed. Your phone buzzes once again. You grab it to look at your messages and notice it's the group chat messaging you.

*Ann Text: Hey! We were wondering how you were doing? You haven't talked to us since yesterday and you kinda left in a hurry. Are you feeling alright?

*Ryuji Text: Ann's right. No trouble on your end I hope.*

*Your Text: No trouble here, thanks for worrying about me but everything is okay.*

*Ren Text: If you say so.*

*Ryuji Text: So do any of you guys have plans today?*

*Ann Text: Unfortunately I have a indoor photo shoot to attend due to the rain.*

*Ren Text: I'm studying for Mid-terms so I am busy.*

*Ryuji Text: Aww..you guys are no fun. What about you Y/N?*

*Your Text: Sorry I am taking it easy today as well. Need to run some errands as well.*

*Ryuji Text: Man I really wanted to do something today with you guys..*

*Ren Text: Don't worry Ryuji, we have time after Mid-terms*

*Ryuji Text: You're not the one who is gonna die from the exam you know!*

*Ann Text: Maybe if you focused on actually doing well instead of going to the gym or hanging out with people after school, maybe you wouldn't be in such a place!*

*Ryuji Text: Hey no fair! I heard your grades aren't too amazing either!*

*Ann Text: Why you!? My grades have nothing to do with your ability to not study!*

*Ren Text: You guys should just really study more.*

*Ryuji Text: Not you too Ren...*

*Ann Text: Why do you have to rub it into our faces..*

*Your Text: Well I hope you guys have a good Sunday. I will talk to you all later*

You set your phone down and get up to clean your room and do laundry. Taking care of your home you notice something is off on the floor. You go down to inspect it and it seems like there is some indentation...

You: That's weird... I never wear my shoes inside..

You begin to look around for any other signs of intrusion but quickly find nothing of the sort. You make sure to take note of the indentation and begin making your theories.

You: Could it be that when I was making my way home I left a shoe on..? That's hardly reasonable.. even if I was in a rush I would make sure to keep my shoes at the door. However there aren't any other signs of intrusion like slightly moved objects... My mind is spinning thinking about this. I might be overthinking things as well.. I just need to make sure to check for any more clues in the next few days... If nothing turns up then It must be my fault but if anything else comes out from searching.. I need to look more deeply into it.

So you take care in making sure you remember placing certain objects and pieces as they should be and take mental notes so if something does happen, you'll know immediately.

*Afternoon Makoto's POV*

I needed to make some quick stops for groceries since we were running a little low on things. I took my umbrella and headed out in Shibuya to go to the store. Sighing, I felt kinda cold and wrapped my scarf around my face a little more. Shivering I started to walk a little faster as the rain hit my umbrella. I reached the store and took some time finding what I needed for dinner tonight and proceeded to head back home. However on my way back to the station, I thought I saw someone from school. Looking at them it was hard to tell with their umbrella covering a bit of their face so I went around the corner and got a better look. He began to stop for a second, almost like he had a bit of a headache and tilted his umbrella back into his arm. To my surprise, It was Y/N! I wondered what he was doing in Shibuya in the first place, but then I saw him take something from his bag. It looked like a bottle of pills. He took one and after a soft moment I saw him jerk a bit before shaking off the feeling and proceeding down the street...

Makoto: Did he just..? Was that some drug he took? Has he been taking them..? I wonder...if that was the reason why he ran from the school that day.. Did he run out and need to get more...!? Please don't tell me.. you're a junky... I need to follow him.. Maybe I will get my answers if I do..!

Thank you for reading this chapter. Sorry it was kinda short, I have some personal stuff pop up that kinda distracted me so I decided to wrap it up short but will continue off next time. Thanks again and I will See you in the Next one!