Another Day to Breathe (Chapter 126)

*Cognitive World*

*Your POV*

The blank space starts to crumble around you all. Immediately, the ground shakes and splits apart. Makoto holds onto you, unsure what to do.

Ren: We have people unconscious! We need to move them now!

You: Ren, take Ann and Morgana; I got Futaba. Makoto make sure Ryuji and Yusuke can move. I am going to get us out of here.

Ren and Makoto: Right!

They sprint off and collect the named members as you run to Futaba and lift her in your arms. Her small and light body doesn't impede your movement whatsoever. Watching as the others approach, a slight focus comes to your mind. A channeling of power explodes from your back. The bright blue wings of Bahamut sprout and extend fully.

Ren: We are all here; get us out of here, Y/N!

You: Way ahead of you. PERSONA!!!

The flames sear into your face, producing your mask. The sharp, folded wings of the mask extend and fold over the rest of your head into a helmet. Transforming into your full attire, the wings spouting from your back shift and wrap around Ren and the others.

Makoto: Y/N?

You: I can't carry all of you out at once in this place. So, you guys go first!

Ren: Hold on tight, everyone.

Ryuji: I'm going to be sick, aren't I?

Yusuke: Make sure you do your business behind you, please.

You: Here we go!

Wrapping your wings around the party, you begin to push them high into the sky. They clash through the open space and out of the void. Using the full strength of Bahamut, it starts to slip from your grasp. You have already expanded most of your power from saving everyone today. The Dark Essense used your body and used your power even more. The moment that they were safe and out of harm's way, you slipped to your knees. Holding Futaba, you take a deep breath.

You: Don't worry... I'll ensure you get out of here. I need a second first...

Breathing heavily, a tight feeling hits your stomach as the rest of the void starts to crumble away, piece by piece. You are nearly at the edge of the platform you stand on. Without much to debate, you have to unleash the remainder of your power in one second at the highest point possible. It wasn't going to be easy, but you were determined.

You: One last time... Come on... Just a little push... *Cough Cough*

The pressure on your lungs causes blood to slip between each cough. The strain of channeling this much of your Personas causes your body to twist and turn within. It causes your blood to burn up, and your body slowly bursts into blue flames. The blue spark in your eyes appears, and the fading essence of Kage grasps your shoulders. The time to move is now, and the final piece of the platform begins to crumble at your knees.

You: PERSONA REQUIEUM!!!

Unleashing both Kage and Bahamut, you fire into the sky like a bullet. Crashing through the void at an intense speed, causing the whole void to be blasted away by such power. Shooting through the darkness of the Cognitive World, you approach the final barrier of the plain and hold onto Futaba tightly. Sending her back to her body, you feel yourself slip back, and the darkness of the void vanishes.

*Early Morning July 13th*

The dark space of Yusuke's home greets you. It is open to the cold airs of the night. A throbbing pain hits your head, but you are fine.

Yusuke: Ann, are you alright?

Ann: Mmm... My head...

Yusuke: Good, at least you aren't injured.

You: Rough night?

Yusuke: Don't get me started. But I am glad you are back, too. I was afraid you didn't make it out after saving us.

You: Sorry, it must have taken me some time to wake up.

Yusuke: I called the others to come to my place. They should be here any minute.

On cue, the doorbell rings, and the obvious voice of Ryuji's loudmouth hits the door.

Ryuji: Hey!

Yusuke leaves Ann to myself and heads over to open the door.

Yusuke: Please keep it down. I don't want my neighbors thinking I had some wild company over so early in the morning.

Ryuji: Sorry, I thought getting here as quickly as possible was important.

Yusuke: You could have done it much quieter.

Ren: How are Ann and Y/N?

Yusuke: They just woke up. Come inside.

The gang arrives to see you. Everyone except Makoto and Futaba was present.

Ren: We found ourselves in a rough spot, didn't we?

You: You can say that again. How is everyone? No lingering feelings or not entirely yourselves?

Ann: Other than this headache, I am fine.

Yusuke: Same here. How do you feel?

You: Me? I'm just fine. I might be a little sick from exhaustion, but I'll live. Has anyone contacted Makoto or Futaba to see if they are okay?

Ren: I checked on Futaba. She just responded that she was okay and awake. Makoto said she was doing fine but was worried about you not responding to her calls.

You: Her calls? *Checks phone* Shit, she must be worried.

Ren: Want me to call her?

You: No, I'll go and visit her. I am sure she would like to see me in person. I hope you guys can take care of yourselves here.

Yusuke: You don't have to worry about us. Just go.

You: Thanks! See you guys for exams!

Ryuji: Wait... WE GOT EXAMS!!

Ren: *Sigh* Let's get ready.

Ann: Oh man... I couldn't study...

Ryuji: MY MOM IS GOING TO KILL ME!

Yusuke: What did I tell you, Ryuji? Shut up!

Ryuji: *Crying sounds*

Sprinting off toward the station. You are filled with excitement. Finally seeing Makoto normal after all this time, you made it your mission to arrive there and see her the first chance you could.