Another Lesson on Life (Chapter 55)

*After School June 6*

After the final bell rings, you remember to go and see Kawakami in the teachers office. Heading straight there you approach the door and knock on the door, you quickly hear a response.

Kawakami: Come in!

You: Ms. Kawakami? It's Y/N.

Kawakami: Good. Please have a seat. I need to tell you something.

You: Of course.

Kawakami: Well I know you are currently in the middle of your advanced classes to graduate this year. So I just need to let you know on something.

You: Sure?

Kawakami: The tests can be tricky, almost down right impossible to prepare for the test properly.

You: I am not worried, I feel pretty confident in my efforts in passing.

Kawakami: It's good that you are confident. But knowing your position I can't help but worry for you to pass.

You: Y..you're worried about it?

Kawakami: I guess as a teacher it is pretty normal to. So I just wanted to let you know that if you want some helpful extra lessons on material you don't cover in class, that you can come to me and I will tutor you.

You: You would do that..?

Kawakami: Yes. I don't know why, but I feel like it is a good thing for me to do. So let me know before class starts if you want to study with my tutorship and I will help you.

You: Well that would be amazing Ms. Kawakami!

Kawakami: Just Kawakami after school hours is fine. You may be a student but you are also a legal adult, being 18 and all.

You: Well, thank you Kawakami. 

Kawakami: You're free to go by the way. I will see you tomorrow.

You: Alright! Take care!

You wave goodbye to Kawakami and begin to go down the stairs towards the exit. After thinking about the extra lessons from her, you begin to speak to yourself.

You: I don't think I will have any trouble passing the final test in the class. But I guess any higher chance of passing is worth it. I should discuss it further with her before making it a regular thing..

Maruki: Hey, good to see you Y/N.

You:..? Oh! Maruki! How are you?

Maruki: Quite frankly? I am in a bit of a pickle.

You: You are..?

Maruki: Y..Yeah, if you want to know more about it, mind joining me into my office?

You: Sure, my plans for today don't start till later.

Maruki: Perfect, I'll grab some snacks while you get comfortable.

You enter into his office and take the moment to close your eyes and channel your power towards your eyes. Opening them to the golden sheen once more, revealing this world's secrets. You look at Maruki and notice the same blue haze around him. It is a very similar color to the aura you produced while in the Cognitive World. You take your seat and slowly turn off your Shadow Sense and regain your composure.

Maruki: Long story short, I am in a rut with some theories of mine.

You: Oh? What theories?