Clouds of Dispair (Chapter 98)

*Afternoon July 10*

Your POV

Upon reaching Makoto's place, you knock on the door and waited for a response. A few minutes pass and another attempt is made you are stuck wondering why she hasn't answered the door.

You: Makoto? Can you let me in?

You try the door nob and the moment you do, it twists and opens and you see a messy Makoto looking quite drowsy as she slowly looks at you. The moment her eyes meet yours, she slowly shakes out of her trance and opens the door fully.

Makoto: Y/N? What are you doing here?

You: Well I came to check up on you, been sending you texts for hours and nothing.

Makoto: Oh... Yeah, I was just sleeping.

You: You do realize it is the afternoon?

She gives you a confused look and turns her head towards a wall clock and sees the time. Turning back to you with the same expression.

Makoto: Ahh...

You: Yeah.

Makoto: *Blinks*

You: Uhh...

Makoto:...WHY DID I SLEEP IN!

You: You tell me...? Everyone else seems to be doing the same.

Makoto: I wasn't sleeping too well last night but even so I never sleep in like this...

You: That right?

Makoto: Yeah... Ughh... This day...

You: Well I was just gonna check up on you is all, I'll get going.

Makoto: *Reaches out and grabs your sleeve* Hey you went through the trouble of visiting. Come in dummy.

You: No no I really have to go. Besides you haven't done your morning routine have you?

Makoto: What are you talking about, of course, I have-

Makoto looks down to see that she is wearing a cut-off tank top and pajama shorts. She grows flustered and hides behind the door cutely and lets out a squeak of embarrassment. You laugh and turn around to head off.

You: I'll see you at school alright?

Makoto: O...Okay!

You: Later Moko.

You leave the complex and walk out to the streets. Placing your hands into your pockets, your expression shifts and darkens... The golden sheen sparkling in your eyes fades as you turn a corner and head toward the station.

You: Whatever is happening to Ren and Morgana, the same is for Makoto... I have to assume everyone else is dealing with the same thing. Gotta talk to Futaba about it.

You flip your phone out of your pocket and call up Futaba who answers after a few rings.

Futaba: Y'ellow!

You: Yo. Wait no it's serious time...!

Futaba: Did you find something out?