Forward Attention (Chapter 133)

(Morning July 16th)

*Your POV*

Arriving at school, you quickly take your seat and prepare to take the final exam. Once it starts, you answer the questions flawlessly. The answers come to you without trouble, and you finish the test early.

Teacher: Finished?

You: I am, sir.

Teacher: If you want to head home early, take your bag and go.

You: Thank you, sir.

And with that, you got permission to leave, and you do. Heading to the rooftop, you check on Haru's plants. It has been a while, but you decide to take care of them. Seeing as your time after school is going to be dedicated to work; you might as well tie up some ends so they don't add any regrets. The time it takes you to finish with the plants, you hear the voices of students leaving. The exams had ended which caught you by surprise. Suddenly, the door opens, and you spot Haru carrying a heavy fertilizer bag in her hands, unaware of your presence.

Haru: Just got to... Take this here and...- W...Woah!

She trips over her own feet and stumbles forward. You react to catch her and the fertilizer. Holding her up, she is close, and her face nearly touches yours. A small heat radiates from her flushed face as the words in her mouth get jumbled by your presence.

You: You okay there, Haru?

Haru: Ahh-... Y...Yes, I am, thanks to you.

You: I swear you bite off more than you can chew with these plants.

Haru: Perhaps so, but I still do it.

You: That you do, here, let me help you. That is the least I can do.

Haru: If it isn't much trouble.

You: None at all.

Haru: Very well, thank you.

You: My pleasure.

You carry the bag over your shoulder and place it near the plants. Haru takes the moment to calm down and pats away the flushed red cheeks. After that, she walks beside you.

Haru: Did you look after them?

You: I figured I should since I had the time after finishing my exam early. I hope that isn't a problem.

Haru: Not at all; in fact, I am grateful for your help.

You: I'm glad. Seeing as I might not have much time left to do this.

Haru: What?

You: Sorry. With my advancement in my current studies, graduating this year, and my job and future with the police, I won't have much free time, if any, soon. I'll have to work straight out of school.

Haru: Oh... That's a shame.

You: I know. I would have loved to continue helping you out when I could.

Haru: Don't fret over such things. I'm happy you are doing more for your future. I hope your endeavors are golden.

You: Thanks. I would love to stay longer, but I need to talk with some friends.

Haru: I see... Well, take care, I'll see you sometime later.

You: Sure. Have a good night, Haru.

Haru: You too..

Exiting the roof, you make your way down the stairs. Makoto stops you as you reach the bottom floor. Taking your hand and dragging you around a corner.

Makoto: How did your exams go?

You: Just fine, as expected. What about you?

Makoto: I wouldn't worry much about it. After all the studying I did with you and on my own time, it proved more than enough to get me a good score. Sis told me you are going to be working quite a lot now. Just about every day after school and most of times your day off school you'll be at the office.

You: Right. So, my free time is drastically reduced. I can't do much with you, the guys, or any of our other "business" unless I am really needed.

Makoto: I think we might fare just fine regardless. Ren has been trying to catch up with you lately, and it has been showing. He just keeps growing stronger by the day, and his training in Mementos has given him a lot of strength.

You: Yeah, I can tell he is working hard. Unfortunately for Ren, he doesn't have the unique origins that made me this way.

Makoto: No, he doesn't, but you also worked hard to reach who you are now.

You: I won't argue with that.

Makoto: Anyways, what I really wanted to see you for was

You: Hmm?

Makoto: Would you like to go see some places? Maybe stop by a nice place of your choosing for the evening?

You: Are you... Are you asking me out on a date?

Makoto: And what if I am? I don't see it as a problem, lover boy~ Do you?

You: You'll get no objections from me, that is for sure.

Makoto: Good, I just know where we could start.

Holding your hand once more, she smiles and drags you out of the school. Running toward the station, she laughs and speaks to you with a light tone. Pulling you into her arms, she gives you a warm before winking to tease you. Boarding the station, you stand with her as she holds your hand in hers. A soft blush across her face as she gently nuzzled into your arm.

You: So, where to first?

Makoto: Hmm... I have got the perfect place for us to go.

You: Mind telling me where that is?

Makoto: Umm... It's better that I show you than tell you.

You: Sure thing. Better not be playing a bad joke on me.

Makoto: Oh, don't be dense. I'm not Ryuji, you big goof.

You: I don't knowwww. You could be taking some notes on his book.

Makoto: I would never!

Makoto gently pushes you before laughing. Her smile and laughter are beyond adorable, and you can't help but feel the need to laugh as well. Then you seal it with a surprise kiss, which she embraces you with. Soft embarrassment strikes you both, realizing that you are in public on the train. Pulling away from each other, you feel the nerves calm down and return to holding hands once more. The date is only just starting.