Futaba's Memories Part 3 (Chapter 91)

*Cognitive World*

Your POV

With a sudden burst of speed, you dash forward with Shokan in hand. Leaping forward you duck under the Shadow carrying the long chains as it attempts to wrap you with them. Slipping past them you slash into its chest and quickly backflip away from the other Shadow before it leaps onto you. Taking a deep breath and knowing that a mistake could be fatal, you raise your blade in defense. Looking back and forth of the two Shadows, they begin to coordinate an attack against you, turning towards themselves they both attack. You barely dodge out of the way before a chain wraps around your neck and pulls you forward. Struggling to breathe, you focus on stabbing the chain to prevent it from dragging you further, slipping your fingers under the links, and giving yourself space to breathe. The tail of the other Shadow pierces through your shoulder and pushes you forward. Blood running down your arm you feel a numbing sensation as your arm locks up.

You: D..Damn! T...This must be some poison!

Sweat dripping down your forehead, you get to your feet and grip Shokan tightly, the glint in your eyes still red as the power of Kage still slowly regains in the foreground you must bide time to unleash its full power.

You: Come on! I'm right here!

You taunt the Shadows which become enraged with you and attack out of sync. Taking this opportunity to change the tide of the battle, you slash the ground and flip into the air, causing a double faint attack at the bi-pedal Shadow which misses from the faint. Landing on the back of the creature you pour enough strength in your attack to slice through the tail and sever it completely. The Shadow writhes in pain and knocks you over and pounces on you. Its claws dig into your arms and its jaws reach towards your face. You lift your knee to push and kick it off you before its jaws clamped down on your head. Blood runs down both arms, and you feel a little dizzy from the loss. Shaking your head to regain composure, you are hit with a heavy chain attack from behind which knocks you to your knees. The Shadows regain momentum and attack at the same time which you channel some of Kage's power into your hand and summon a pillar of shadows. It causes them to back away and you leap forward with Shokan to pierce and slice the chain-wielding Shadow in half, killing it. Turning your attention to the other Shadow, it leaps into the air and lands on the wall to launch off and attack with incredible speed. Stepping back you spin around and twirl your blade behind and angle it forward. Learning to parry in the moment, you sidestep and redirect the Shadow into the wall which it bashes into. Losing its balance, it attempts to move but trips over itself and you take the chance to run your blade through its entire body. It writhes for a moment before dying and fading away.

You: *Breathing Heavily* Worst random encounter ever... If I have to face these things again I'll just escape. Now... Let's free Futaba...

Letting Shokan evaporate from your hand, you slowly walk towards the next lit crystal of the memory of the Cognitive World where you saved Futaba from in the past, you turn it off and proceed to the last lit crystal. Upon approaching the last crystal, you begin to hear the event coming through. 

Distorted Wakaba: FUTABA..!!!! YOU LET ME DIEEEE!!!

You: W...What is this..? Is that her Mother..?