Ren's Memories Part 4 (Chapter 105)

*Cognitive World*

Your POV

Blood dripping down your face, and a smirk peers through the pain. A sense of euphoria begins to bellow and the excitement of battle washes over you. Laughing like a maniac, your eyes bleed crimson as the light from your pupils sticks out in the consuming shadows surrounding you. Chains begin to clang to the ground as you control at your will.

You: How would you like this...!!

Reeling back, you unleash a devastating attack. The chains slither like snakes as they wrap around the Shadow's bulky arms. He tries to rip them away, but the effort becomes fruitless. Pulling him forward, you kick him in the chest and toss him over to the ground. With a bounce, you release him into the air. The spiraling figure tries to correct himself but is unable to stop a hidden attack as you knee his back. A loud crack is heard as you send him flying into the ceiling. The swelling power of Kage begins to overcome the barrier and replenishes your energy fully. The shadows cling to you, draping you in a cloud of darkness, a scary sight.

You: KAGE FULL POWER!!

The spiraling red energy inks into the shadows, your mask appears on your face, without having to remove it, it shatters and unleashes the final stage of Kage. The chains wrapped around you face into the darkness and Shokan appears back in your hands, the blade is altered, a chain wraps around the hilt and handle and is locked around your arm, binding you to the weapon as long as this form holds. Leaning forward you, bring the blade up and slash at the Shadow, it hurls and tries to attack back. Using the momentum of your fall, you kick his strike away and slash once again. Inky crimson sprays across your blade before you land.

Shadow: You think this will... Stop me?!

You: I have one word for you...

Shadow: And what is that...?!

You: Disappear...

Shadow:...!?

Pulling Shokan in front of you, you twist the handle, blade pointing towards the ground. You let go of the blade and the chains around your arm snap and spike into the ground. The tip of the sword stabs the floor and the moment it does, it unleashes a torrent of chains to attack the Shadow. Eyes wide, the Shadow attempts to flee but is quickly pierced and ensnared by the metal. He cries out as the chains tighten quickly before more pierces his torso. Inky crimson pours out of the wounds before a chain wraps tightly around his neck, coughing due to the strangulation, he tries to fight back but you close your fist and the extent of your power using Kage extends further as he is torn asunder by the chains. His limbs rip and tear, and his head snaps before rolling to the ground. The key around his neck slips down and you pick it up. The mangled body flops to the ground as the shadows begin to consume the corpse. The use of this power drains all of Kage for the moment as the strength in your body leaves you.

You: Just need to free Ren... And then turn these crystals off so we can get out of here...

Using the key, you unlock the cell door as the unresponsive Ren stares into nothing. Knowing that he will return to normal soon, you fireman carry Ren out of the cell...

You: Up you go... Let's get you out-...!

A sudden wave of dizziness washed over your body. You grow numb and lose the feeling in your legs briefly. Almost to the point of dropping Ren you catch yourself and notice that the entire time you didn't notice that your nose was bleeding profusely, causing a sudden dizzy feeling. Wiping the blood quickly, you move to each crystal and turn them off before the last giant cell door to the exit begins to open. It leads to another big chamber, and you slowly walk through the halls. Minutes pass and Ren begins to slowly take back his consciousness. It's minor but you can tell he will be on his feet soon, but you carry him further. Sounds of distant shouting extend down the hallway as you enter, you see a giant open room of grey colors the room. You approach a pillar in the middle of the area and notice it has the last crystal to exit the Palace and destroy it. You begin to approach it, but a quick beam of light hits your eyes and you back away from an attack. Opening your eyes, you see a group of Shadows wearing prisoner garbs, reaching out for Ren. You smack the hands away and try to call Shokan but the moment you do, you are hit with another massive nosebleed, your body hasn't had time to recover any power, so you fall back with Ren. Hitting the floor, you attempt to roll away, but your body begins to slow, and you are scrambling to move. You cough and attempt to call Shokan once again, even if it might cost you dearly, you needed to fight back. The pain started to numb the rest of your body and blood running down your nose drips to the floor. That is when you feel the sudden press of a hand grips your shoulder...

Ren: Let me take care of this...

You: I... I was about to have them on the ropes...

Ren had recovered enough to stand and knowing the situation ahead, he channels what he can and withdrawals the power of his Persona...

Ren: PERSONA!!!

Due to some issues and problems I am facing in life, I am now promoting my Patreon to anyone who wants to support me financially, this not only will provide me with some sort of income, however small or large it is, that will allow me to focus even more effort into writing for you guys. It is entirely your decision to check it out and provide me with any money you want to give me, the lowest starting is 5 minimum. Entirely up to you again, patreon.com/AKAustin is my Pateron for you to visit! Well I will See you all in the Next one! Thanks again!