Trading in Cards (Chapter 64)

*After School June 10*

The trip at the TV station got slightly heated as Akechi had claimed to be going against the Phantom Thieves and bringing them to justice. Ren went against the ideals of the Detective Prince which caused a very intriguing conversation between them.. After that ended you all got ready to leave but before then....

Akechi: You didn't vote in the poll did you?

You: Hmm?

Akechi: You abstained.

You: So what if I did?

Akechi: Just curious. You seem to be good friends with that man, Ren was it? I see a lot in him to make him a worthy rival, but.. The same can be said about you.

You: What do you mean?

Akechi: There's a lot of me I see in you. Not only the passion of being in the same trade as me but also the passion of justice.

You: I am not sure what you mean *Chuckles a little* I just want to use my mind in helping those in need. And learning that under Sae-san is going to help me achieve that.

Akechi: So small yet admirable.. If you want to hold close to that I won't fault you for it. Just know I want a worthy rival.

You: Do we have to be?

Akechi: Of course, if not then what are we? Just some simple pawns of a system who follow like sheep? No. I want more than those petty goals.

You: You want to take down the Phantom Thieves.

Akechi: Didn't you hear a single word I said in the interview?

You: I did. And I know what you want.

Akechi:...?

You: *Grins* I am not so easy Goro Akechi.

Akechi: Ahh.. You sly devil..

You: Takes one to know one, Akechi-san.

Akechi: Heh, I think you might be more fun to work with than I originally thought.

You: Likewise. Just know I intend to surpass you and Sae-san, doesn't mean we can't be friends no?

Akechi: You are ambitious, I can tell. Were you just lowering your guard to me so I would fall into this trap?

You: Maybe. Or you aren't as good as you say you are.

Akechi: *Soft Chuckle* Now that is funny. I look forward to your first day. Take care until then, Y/N-san.

You: Yeah, you too Akechi-san.

You both turn away from each other and take a few steps before responding once more.

You: And about earlier. The reason why I abstained..

Akechi: Yes..?

You: I think you were just boring.

Akechi:...!

You: Don't take it the wrong way. But I think you should recognize a formidable opponent who can outshine you if you aren't careful. Phantom Thieves or not. So I abstained, because you haven't shown me anything yet. Send Sae-san my regards if you see her. See ya.

You walk away feeling confident in your statement and give him a soft wave without looking before returning to your friends and heading back to school.