A Broken Sight (Chapter 114)

*Evening July 12*

Your POV

Ryuji: Hello?

You: Ryuji! Thank God! Where are you guys?

Ryuji: We split from the station; I am right in front of Yusuke's home right now. I just rang the bell. Why? What's the matter?

You: Ryuji, listen to me very carefully! Our friends aren't themselves anymore, get away from there-

The sounds of a door open, and a familiar voice speaks.

Yusuke: Ahh... Ryuji. Want to come in? Who are you talking to on the phone?

Ryuji: Oh hey, Yusuke. I just thought I stopped by and wanted to check up on you. That's all.

Yusuke: Well, thank you for doing so; here, step in for a moment.

Ryuji: I would, but let me finish this conversation. Yo, I think Yusuke is still the same as before-

You: Get out of there, I am on my way now-

Ryuji: Relax, everything is fine. We don't have to worry about-

Yusuke: Here's your tea!

A loud clattering sound is heard over the phone, a sudden thud, and then the silence of the phone disconnecting rings in your ear. A grim look appears on your face, and you burst into a mad dash to the station, hoping you can make it in time.

After getting off the station, you try calling Ren and Ryuji, but no one picks up. Fearing the worst, you run through the streets and dodge traffic. Reaching the neighborhood, you find Yusuke's home. The small studio shack he's been living in is dimmed, and barely any lights are on. The door is unlocked, and Ryuji's cracked phone is on the ground.

You pick it up, stash it away, and open the door slowly. The creaking sound of the door startles you and the darkness within. Closing your eyes, you channel the power within you and allow yourself to peer into the world of shadows with Shadow Sense. The golden hue of your eyes sparks to life as you walk into the home.

A shattered pot lays on the floor with minor blood stains. Cautious, you slowly enter the living room, finding no trace of Ryuji or Yusuke at that point.

You: Where are they?

Suddenly, a loud thud is heard from the room; you quickly rush over and burst into the room to see Ryuji lying on the floor, eyes closed. An overwhelming presence radiates from the corner of the room, causing you to react and back away.

Taking a good look, you notice that the aura is condensed onto a single figure, Yusuke. He is tied up and unresponsive to any sound or sight.

You: If Ryuji and Yusuke are down... Who did it-

Before you can react, a silent figure hits the back of your head with a blunt object. Falling to the floor, dazed, trying to refocus your vision, you notice that the figure holds Ren by his collar and drags him next to Ryuji. The figure turns to reveal their face to be Ann, her eyes wide open, and a wicked smile darkens her face. Tiny drops of blood trail through your hair as the opened wound begins to throb in pain.

However, you feel a surge of adrenaline, causing you to get to your feet slowly. Ann notices this and takes out a small knife; bits of blood stain the edge as you see Ren's arm is bleeding from a cut, and his side looks wet and dark, possibly a stab or another slash.

Ann: Another fly in the web! Just my lucky day!

She approaches with the knife facing down, ready to plunge it down. When she strikes, you roll into her legs, tripping her down, placing your knee onto her chest, and pinning her arms. Using your superior strength and skill, you twist her wrist to drop the knife and slide your knee to her throat, slowly choking her to unconsciousness. She tries to break free with unnatural strength, but you quickly overpower and subdue her.

You: Damn it! Ugh..! I'm sorry, Ann, but I needed to do that.

Ryuji: Mm...

You: Ryuji!

Ryuji: Ugh... My head.

You: Are you okay?

Ryuji: Not really... Ugh... I got attacked by Yusuke, but I was able to knock him out. But then the doorbell rang, and I thought it was you after I tied him up, but the moment I opened it, I was hit in the head with something. Now I woke up, and here you are.

You: That was probably Ann; she showed up with Ren, and he's unconscious, too. I'll tie up Ann, and you make sure Ren is okay.

Ryuji: Mmm... Got it...

After spending some time restraining Ann and placing her near Yusuke, you aid Ryuji with Ren.

Ryuji: He has a nasty cut on his side, but he should be fine with some bandages and time; it doesn't look deep.

You: Do you think you can take him to your home?

Ryuji: Why my place? Besides, my mom will come home in the middle of the night.

You: Shit, okay, here take my keys. Get him to my home; I know it doesn't look good if someone is unconscious and bleeding, but if you can wake him up before getting to the station, that should help. I need to call Futaba and tell her to get ready.

Ryuji: What are you going to do?

You: I need to stay and watch over them; when it is time, I will enter the Cognitive World and save them. This is the fastest way to get to them. I will have to save Makoto after that.

Ryuji: Alright... I'm sorry we can't help you...

You: Don't worry, I think I can handle this...

Thank you for reading this chapter! I hope you all enjoyed it! Alright, we are finally reaching the last parts of the arc! I hope you guys are ready for it because it will be pretty good! 

Due to some issues and problems I am facing in life, I am now promoting my Patreon to anyone who wants to support me financially; this will not only provide me with some income, however small or large it is, but it will allow me to focus even more effort into writing for you guys. It is entirely your decision to check it out and provide me with any money you want to give me; the lowest starting is 5 minimum. It is entirely up to you again, patreon.com/AKAustin is my Pateron for you to visit! Well, I will See you all in the Next one! Thanks again!