Rusted Cage (Chapter 70)

*After School June 19 Sunday*

You have been spending your evenings at work, helping Sae with the Blackmail case. Working with her has deepened each of your understandings of one another further and you have developed a steady and strong relationship as partners. Sae has been massively impressed at your work ethic and determination alone. Your skills never ceased to amaze her at your ability to read and deduct clues, piecing things together. After working solidly with her for 5 days straight, you finally caught a break and decided to hang with your friends. However you just missed them as they left to investigate in Mementos.

You head for Shibuya just to kill time and relax. Taking the train station all the way there you felt at ease and relaxed the whole way there. Stepping off the train, you reach the city and begin to explore. You saw a fortune teller giving readings to some people and they felt ecstatic at her words. You pressed on and saw a small bar where a lady with glasses on her head was going inside. She looked like some reporter who was going to get a drink at her favorite bar. Ignoring these instances, you hear a disturbance in the alleyway near you. Turning your head you begin to sneak and spot some of Kanashiro's goons. You attempt to reach for your handgun, but soon you realize you didn't grab it at home after school..

You: Shit.. That would have been handy for this..

Mafia Goon: What do you want with the boss?! Huh little girl!?

You:..!

Makoto: I am the student council President of Shujin Academy and your "Boss" has been harassing and blackmailing my precious underclassmen for too long now. I demand to see your boss!

Mafia Goon: Why you..!

Mafia Higher Up: Hey..! I think the Boss would like to have a word with her.

Mafia Goon: But sir..!?

Mafia Higher Up: Shut up..! You, girl, get in.

Makoto: Finally..!

You: *Whispering* Makoto..! Shit..! What is she doing?!

You watch as they put her into the car and begin to drive off. You feel a pit feeling start to build within your stomach as you quickly kick it into overdrive. You close your eyes for a brief moment and soon open them with the Golden sheen that sparkles within your eyes, you are able to see the trail of the car leading you towards your goal. It's been some time since you used this power to this extent. You sprint in a mad dash, ignoring all the people staring and watching you quickly dash past them. You curve between alleyways to gain some distance and catch up to the car. After what seems for half an hour, you reach the parked, empty car in front of a building, different from the one you found Kaneshiro's old hideout. You approach and a slight bit of rage starts to fuel your actions and soon you approach and feel the need to get Makoto out of this situation.

Mafia Guard: Yo..! Stop right there-!

You: Outta my way!!

You are not willing to deal with this crap, quickly duck under the guard and slam your palm into his face, breaking his nose. You grab his face at the same time and with brute strength, slam him into the ground with a loud crash. The guard is quickly dispatched and knocked out from the sudden attack. You still have Shadow Sense activated and descend into the mafia hideout...

You: Kaneshiro!

You step out into a small little club booth where you see the man in question sitting comfortably, talking with his girl, barely acknowledging your presence. You see Makoto on the ground, her hands bound by some cloth.