Despairing News (Chapter 22)

*Madarame's Palace May 16*

You stand in front of your friends, breathing heavily from the fight. You blink your eyes softly before speaking.

You: W..When did you guys get here..?

There is a sudden pause. The group just stares at you.

Ren: We got here just a few moments ago. Mona felt a presence and we came rushing and it turned out to be you Kage.

You: A presence?

Mona: Y..Yeah! I couldn't recognize it but it was surely powerful. That's why I was shocked to see it was you all along. When did you get here?

You: I guess.. When I texted Joker that I was outside Madarame's place. However.. My Meta Nav app started to go haywire.

Ryuji: For real?!

You: Yes.. It already had Madarame's Palace in my search history.. Which shouldn't be possible, I have never been here before.

Mona: That is very strange.. Hmm..

Ann: K..Kage!

You: H..Hmm? Panther? What is it?

Ann: Y..You're bleeding.. Your nose!

You: W..What?

You reach your hand towards your mouth and feel a warm wet feeling as you see a trail of blood down your hand. You quickly try to wipe it away but it doesn't let up. That's when you start to feel a little fatigued and nearly stumble to your knees, breathing heavily.

Ryuji: Shit! Are you alright?!

You: Y..Yeah *Strained Breathing* I think I am done fighting today though.. 

Ryuji: Alright, here! I will help you up.

You: Thanks.. Skull.

Ryuji: What are friends for, huh?

You: Right..

Ryuji grabs your shoulder and lifts it over his head and begins to help you move along. The others look at you and Ren hands you some medicine, you instantly can recognize Takemi's work on it. You take it which helps reduce the fatigue in your body but doesn't help your nose bleed.

Ann: Are you sure you'll be okay?

You: Yeah, if I take it easy for now I should be fine.

Morgana: What were you thinking of charging the Palace all alone?

You: S..Sorry but I figured I should scout ahead for us, give us some intel on the Palace so we could get to the treasure as quickly as we could. And in my efforts I have come to some findings.

Morgana: Like what?

You: Look there.

You strain yourself to point towards the giant security door that has all the laser fields. The group looks at it and wonder.

Ryuji: Wow.. That is something else! How do we get past it!

Morgana: Wait, I have seen this door before!

Ren: You have?

Morgana: Positive! I was scouting Madarame's place when Yusuke was distracted with Panther. And I found this same designed door, it had a lock on it. I figure we somehow open that door, had Madarame see us enter it, it could change is cognition and we should be able to enter from here as well.