Scarlet Blossoms (Chapter 65)

*Evening June 10*

After leaving the clinic, you made your way to the station and headed for Kasumi's home. After spending some time on the train you arrive at the station and begin to walk towards her home. Silently thinking to yourself about the crazy events going on, you sigh, reminding yourself that this is still only the beginning and for now you should try to keep doing your best. After a little while you arrive and notice a shift behind a window, you look for a second and you notice a familiar red haired girl looking at you embarrassingly. You wave to her and she quickly hides. After a few moments the door opens and you see Kasumi holding her bag approach you shyly.

Kasumi: H..Hi Senpai..

You: Yo, Kasumi. Are you perhaps nervous that your dad might see me?

Kasumi: N..No! T..That is not it!

You: You sure? I am pretty sure I see his car parked right here.

Kasumi: H..He may be home.. But.. Come on Senpai! L..Let's just get going to our practice alright..

You: Sure, whatever you say.

You have a big grin on your face as you walk with Kasumi. She seems much more timid than before and you can only figure why. Laughing in the position she's in, she softly nudges your shoulder and you both start to laugh.

Kasumi: May I ask why the sudden ask for some practice?

You: I thought I could see your progress.

Kasumi: *Blushes* M..My progress?

You: I want to see how good you are getting and if you are making progress on improvement like Coach said. Just think of it as my evaluation.

Kasumi: I'll show you Senpai! I have gotten better!

You: Enthusiasm can only get you so far, determination and passion gets you to the finish line.

Kasumi: I will live up to those words! Senpai!

You: Good! Now, let's get prepared then.

You both enter the space and see that a few other groups are in the space and practicing on their own but seem to take no heed of you guys. So changing into more suitable wear you do a quick stretch and limber up your muscles. The moment you do, you feel a slight tug on your shirt and you turn around to see Kasumi. At that moment you are caught off guard for a moment as the moment you see her, you catch your breath. For some reason she looks much more attractive than you remember as you see her shinning glow radiate off her. You blink for a moment and see that she is a little too close to you.

You: U..Umm Kasumi? What's up?

Kasumi: I.. I just wanted to ask if you have anything else to do after we are done..

You: Hmm.. Not really sure.. I have something going on tomorrow but tonight I figured I want to get some rest before tomorrow and I won't be available on Sunday and Monday I start my new job which is gonna take a lot of my time.

Kasumi: Your new job?

You: Oh that's right, I don't believe I mentioned this to many people but I will be working as a Junior Detective. I'll be working closely with Akechi-san soon, you know, the guy who was interviewed today.

Kasumi:....Huh?

You: Hmm?

Kasumi: You mean..?

You: I mean..?