Decaying Pulse (Chapter 31)

*Evening May 20*

Moments passed, Makoto's lips stayed on yours. You gently feel her press herself to you and it makes you feel at ease. Then slowly, Makoto pulls back, face red with embarrassment, tears still running down her face. You gently rub your finger across her eyes to wipe them. She raises her hand to touch your hand and gently lay her head into it.

Makoto: I've wanted this for a little while you know..

You: Y..Yeah? *Flustered*

Makoto: It was selfish of me to do so..

You: Why do you say that..?

Makoto: Because.. I got so worked up.. and I felt like I needed to do that..out of feeling like it was my only chance..

You: Well.. I'm glad you did.

Makoto: Shut up..

You: *Chuckling* You kissed me first silly.

Makoto: I know..

She softly hugs you and leans her head into your chest. You embrace her into your arms and the warming sensation spreads throughout your body. You feel your body grow heavy and so you slowly lay down on her bed, she softly cuddles into your chest, Makoto just lays there. You start to rub her head gently to comfort her.

Makoto: I won't accept it.

You: W..What?

Makoto: I won't accept you dying.

You: Makoto...

Makoto: No. You're going to make it through your illness. I know you will.

You: If it was that simple I would share the same sentiment. I am relying on a single person to develop some sort of cure for me. However with the time I have left.. It's very difficult to be optimistic every day.

Makoto: Well you better, because I won't accept anything less.

You: Is that a demand?

Makoto: It is an order and you will abide by it. 

You: *Chuckling softly* Yes Ma'am. 

Makoto looks at you with a gentle smile and begins to feel your chest softly, she brushes the mark on your chest through your shirt and it causes a small numbness to fizzle over it. You both stay like this for a little while longer...

You: Sae-san would kill me if she saw us now you know.

Makoto: I don't care.. I want to stay like this for a little while longer..

You: Silly.. 

You close your eyes and begin to feel your body relax further. Your breathing begins to slow as Makoto gently nuzzles into your chest more. Once again the warmth feeling starts to pulse through your body as it makes you relax further. A little while longer passes and you gently rise up with Makoto who looks at you with curious eyes.

You: I should probably head home soon...

Makoto: Are you sure..?

You: I don't think it's wise if your sister catches me sleeping here. I will see you at school.

Makoto: It's too soon..

You: I promise to come around and spend time with you tomorrow. But I do have plans with the Phantom Thieves tomorrow.

Makoto: Are you going to do something?

You: Change Madarame's heart.

Makoto: I see.. Well.. As long as you don't get caught.. I will overlook it.

You: That's very generous from you.

Makoto: What are you talking about..? I am always generous.

You: Yeah yeah, just remember that you are going to be dating a Phantom Thief.

Makoto: It is a little weird I must admit.. But I think my new boyfriend being a Phantom Thief is kinda a thrill you know..?

You: *flustered* W..What?

Makoto: *Soft Giggle* Just teasing you silly.. Just don't get hurt okay..

Makoto sits up and wraps her arms around your neck to pull you close for another kiss. You respond back to the kiss and gently embrace her again. A few moments pass as you both keep kissing. It is at that moment, you feel a sudden beat of pain course through your body, specifically the mark on your chest. You break from the kiss abruptly which Makoto begins to worry as she notices you gripping your chest in pain...

Makoto: A..Are you alright Y/N..!

You: I..I am fine.. Sorry to worry you.. Just a weird sudden pulse hit me..

Makoto at that moment sees your collar get undone just a little bit, which exposes the black veins within your neck. She gasps and reaches out to touch it. You notice this and catch her hand out of worry.

You: W..What are you doing?

Makoto: I saw something on your neck.. It looked like something serious..

You: It's just some of the progress of the illness. I was hoping it would go away soon but it's very annoying to say the least. It tends to hurt from time to time, so I am hoping I get used to it. 

Makoto: If you need my help, you can let me know..

You: I know, thank you. Just remember I don't want this to come out..

Makoto: I promised didn't I? Besides I don't care. I just want to be here for you..

You: Thank you.. Well.. I'll see you tomorrow okay?

Makoto: Sure..!

Makoto kisses your chin and smiles with flushed cheeks. You laugh it off and prepare to head back home. Your chest pulses in pain and you try to calm yourself down by using your last pill for the day. The Jolt does something to your nervous system that makes you feel a little numb for some reason, so walking became a bit difficult. However Within a few hours you make it home and crash into your bed. Your heart heavy with emotion, you try to get some sleep for school tomorrow.....

Sorry if this was a short chapter but I wanna get it in as a bridge for the upcoming chapters which should have a lot going on so I hope you enjoyed this short character driven chapter and I hope for all those people who love the shipping got your fill. I've had practice with writing romancing scenes with cuteness and the right amount that seems good. But yeah! I hope to See you all in the Next one! Thanks again!