Letting the Small Things Win (Chapter 128)

(Early Morning July 13)

*Your POV*

You and Makoto were silent, sitting on the living room couch. Sae, sitting across from both of you, held her eyes closed and arms crossed. Makoto had changed into her school uniform—a tense environment. Sae let out a long sigh before opening her eyes and staring at you both.

Sae: How long?

Makoto: I-I'm sorry?

Sae: Do I need to spell it out? How long have you two been a thing?

Makoto: O-Oh... Um... Since late May.

Sae: A couple of months? You kids sure move fast... Too fast for my liking.

You: Sae-san, if I can say-

Sae: And YOU, zip it.

You: Yes Ma'am!

You tightened your arms and straightened up at her command. She was furious and not in the mood. Makoto giggled a little at your response to her sister. Maybe she was getting some future ideas, for what? You don't want to know.

Sae: Some partner you are. I thought I could trust you, and you decided to date my sister from under my nose. How do you explain this?

Makoto: Sis... We are both in school, so it was only natural I might find someone I like.

Sae: That I understand, but why him? Why did it have to be the person I had to go to work with and see and remember what I just saw earlier? The secondhand embarrassment is indeed real here. If anyone at the office knew about you guys, I would never hear the end of it. Do you think I would approve of your relationship with Y/N?

Makoto: Sis I can explain.

Sae: Oh, you better, because I am not going to hold back. You had better have a good explanation and reason for me.

Makoto: You used to tell me that someone who was like dad would be a great fit as a boyfriend for me. Y/N is a young Detective in the force because of you. You should know how much he takes after Dad and how much promise he has in the force.

Sae: Bringing up Dad and what I said before will not help you here.

Makoto: Y/N is the man I love. He has looked out for me and made my life much more enjoyable.

Sae: God, I regret this talk already. What does he actually bring? Other than indecently kissing my little sister in my house.

Makoto: We both agreed to take our relationship this far. And he isn't bad to me. He cares for me and loves me no matter what.

Makoto firmly grasps your hand in hers. You squeeze it back as a soft blush hits your cheeks. Sae looks at this interaction and twitches her eye in disapproval.

Sae: I'll believe it when I see it. For now, he is not allowed over here anymore.

Makoto: But Sis-!

Sae: No! I won't have you two acting in such a manner anymore. You must stay in this relationship and must never talk. Speaking of which, I am going to be taking your phone and making sure you can't speak to him on there.

Makoto: That isn't fair!

Sae: I am the one who pays for this place; I paid for that phone! You will listen to me and that is final!