Dangerous Compound (Chapter 71)

*After noon June 19*

After coming back to your senses, you see Kaneshiro on his back, looking up at you in fear for his life.. You look at Makoto who has her arms wrapped around you, noticing that she was able to slip out of the bindings holding her. Your eyes flutter around the room as you feel nauseous and begin to have gaps in your breathing as shock starts to hit your nervous systems...

You: I..I...

Makoto: It's okay.. Just look at me.. I'm okay..

You: Okay...good..

You drift back and forth and Makoto softly releases her grip on you.. You turn your attention to the group of thugs on the floor bleeding but alive from your brutal beat down. Kaneshiro backs up into a couch and slowly gets onto it... 

Kaneshiro: W..What are you? Some kind of monster!!?

You: I am.. The one who hunts monsters in the shadows.. And you're on my list Kaneshiro.. The Shadow Detective will bring you to justice..!

Kaneshiro: S..Shadow Detective...

Makoto: C..Come on we need to go..

You: Not until I make him understand..

Makoto: H..Hey come on-

You: Kaneshiro!

Kaneshiro:...!

You: I may not have a way to bring you in right now.. Hell I bet you have money and lawyers who can cover up what just happened here.. But mark my words.. I will bring you to justice. I swear on it..!

You feel the golden sheen sparkle within your eyes and you see within the realm between realms. You watch as the place distorts and you reach out towards Kaneshiro after your proclamation. A dark shadowy hand appears from your hand and travels towards Kaneshiro. It grabs him and passes through and to your surprise you witness his Shadow take form and looks at you with horror in his eyes...

Your Shadow: Bingo...!

You:...!

You are frozen in place as a chilling creep crawls up your spine. You see what Kaneshiro's shadow has the terrified look for. Right behind you is your own Shadow staring straight at his with the same demonic look when you first saw him in your dreams... You can't help but feel your heart skipping beats from the fright as the creeping smile soon turns towards you...

Your Shadow: I told you I would be back... And I see you have opened up my prey.. I can still wait.. These chains are mighty loose right now.. I don't think you can last any longer with your frail resolve.. I will relish my time before I take it all away from you....!

And just like that, everything returns back to normal. You stand there with a blank stare as you hear your heartbeat within your own ears.. Taking a moment to breathe you turn away from Kaneshiro and see Makoto staring up at you..

You: Let's get out of here..

Makoto: We should get you to a hospital..

You: I will be fine.. I know who can patch me up..

Makoto helps you out of the club area with your clothes that were stripped off of you.. You soon put them back on after finding some bandages in the place to patch up your dangerous wounds. As Makoto helps you out onto the street.. You feel a sudden familiar pulse of pain hit you...