Ren's Memories Part 3 (Chapter 104)

*Cognitive World*

Your POV

Shadow: I think this will be a good warm-up when I am through with you. *Cracks knuckles*

You: Come get it then!

Gripping the chains in your hands, you twirl them around and lash toward the approaching Shadow. He ducks and whacks the chain away and closes the distance between you two and shoulder-checks you to the side. Feeling the numbing feeling in your chest, you get back up and swing the chains downwards. They hit the Shadow and he shows signs of damage, but he continues to advance and so you jump over with the chains hanging off your arm and grapple him. He struggles for the moment until you with incredible strength, lift and slam him down into the ground.

You: These chains... Will not hold me, anymore!

Pumping the dark shadows within the chains gives them life. They begin to move as the power infused into them is great enough to cause such an event. Closing your eyes, you focus before you sense the Shadow approaching you. Opening your eyes, your eyes glow a golden sheen and you peer even deeper into the realm and see through the abyss. Kage seems to increase in power as his essence becomes far greater within your very being. His arm reaches outward towards you and slams into the ground, causing the ground to shock and break.

Shadow: What power...!

Screaming at the top of your lungs, you plunge and twirl into the air, the clanging sound of the chains echoing in the chamber loudly. They smack into the ground and a small explosion of darkness erupts from the impact...

You: This is Kage... UNLEASHED!!

Your eyes shift from gold to dark piercing red. The shadows collect around you, feeding into the chains. An aura engulfs your body and the overflowing power of Kage rages within you.

Shadow: Impressive! But you're not the only one with tricks!!

The bald Shadow begins to grow in size, nearly twice his height before he nearly bulges out of his clothes. Red in the face, the Shadow rushes and a familiar feeling hits you as you stop in place. The sudden distraction is enough for him to land a powerful punch in your gut that launches you into the air. Stunned, you are unable to react when he grabs your leg and smashes your body into the ground and then your back into the wall. Letting you go before throwing you into the air, you hit the ceiling and begin to fall to the ground. A brief moment stops you as you feel the gripping sensation of Kage speaks to you...

Kage: I am thou... Thou art I... The shadows are what we are... We are the soul that stains the world... We are the calamity that is left behind in our wake... We are Kage, we are the shadows...

You:...And we are the abyss!!

Dark ooze explodes from your body, cloaking the air and yourself in an inky black cloud. The Shadow searches for you frantically but is surprised when your chains wrap around him from behind. He turns his head before you launch yourself forward and kick him straight into the face... The impact causes a ripple in the air as you tighten the chains before launching him into the wall. The moment the Shadow falls to his knees, pillars begin to erect from the ground.

You: Wh...What is this?!

Not knowing what this was meant for but soon you realize 4 crystals are embedded into the pillars, the same looking ones that Futaba had in this state. 

You: I need to free Ren...

Shadow: Where are you going!!

Taken off your feet, you are choked and slammed into the ground but soon recover and smack him with a chain. You feel a small tug as he holds onto the chain itself. Not letting go, you feel his tug is stronger than yours. However, you launch yourself forward and tackle him. He tries to fling you off, but you swing around with the chains and begin to slash and smack him in his back. Groaning from the pain, The Shadow attempts to finish you off but you dodge to the side and just barely got out of the way of his fist. Wrapping the chain around his arm, you toss him over your shoulder. The Shadow attempts once again to throw his punches at you but you back away just narrowly avoiding. It becomes a game of cat and mouse between you and him both.  Some time passes as blood quickly falls off your face, and a cut above your brow washes down your left eye. Face a little swollen and body aching in pain, you feel the remaining power of Kage has been tapped and you slip to your knees as the power leaving you comes at a cost.

Shadow: Done already? I still have a lot to go!

You: D... Damn it not now...

Futaba: Talk to me Goose!

You: Things aren't good... Currently losing to a hidden boss...

Shadow: Who are you talking to...? No matter, you'll die nonetheless...!

You feel a boot hit your chest and you are pinned right onto one of the newly erected pillars. You feel your back crack and the sudden feeling of pressure causes you to scream out in pain. The Shadow eases up right before an uppercut to your gut causes you to reel over, coughing violently. Blood slipping past your lips... Feeling weak, you look up to see the Shadow standing away from you by a few feet and seems to be waiting for something...

Shadow: There should be a fun way to make sure you pay..-?

Ren's Memory: I told you I'm innocent!

You turn your head to see the crystal starts to light up and you are shocked to see Ren in the memory crystal. You watch as he is taken away in a police car some night and faced his charges...

You: Huh... So that was how it happened huh...

Shadow: Don't waste your breath, it is time to die...!

The shadow holds both his massive hands together and prepares a double-handed hammer fist right on your skull until the sudden sight of Ren's memories of his past burns within your soul...

You: You faced a lot my friend...but no longer when you have... Your friends... YOUR FAMILY!!!

You find a weak opening in the Shadows attack as he swings his arms down. You tackle forward to dodge the strikes which hit your back thighs a bit, and so you grapple the shadow, and German suplex him into the ground. Recovery doesn't take long as the newfound determination to free your best friend begins to fuel your actions even stronger than before....

Thank you guys for reading this chapter! I hope you enjoyed it! A continuous battle rages, but what will become of the rest of the journey? Find out next time!

Due to some issues and problems I am facing in life, I am now promoting my Patreon to anyone who wants to support me financially, this not only will provide me with some sort of income, however small or large it is, that will allow me to focus even more effort into writing for you guys. It is entirely your decision to check it out and provide me with any money you want to give me, the lowest starting is 5 minimum. Entirely up to you again, patreon.com/AKAustin is my Pateron for you to visit! Well I will See you all in the Next one! Thanks again!