Sirens That Call (Chapter 135)

(Morning July 17th)

*Your POV*

The morning sun hits your windows, letting in the light stream across your eyes, gently waking you up. It takes a moment before you stretch until you feel your arm pulled down. Still half asleep, Makoto cuddles your side and holds onto you tightly. Her hair is undone, as last night lasted for hours. You chuckle a bit and move the hair from her face. Her naked body gently rests against your own. With a couple of kisses to rouse her awake, she rubs your arm and chest.

Makoto: Mmm... Morning already?

You: Afraid so, you need to head home soon anyway.

Makoto: Too tired...

You: Babe, the longer you stay here, the more I can sense your sister's wrath upon me.

Makoto: *Laughs* Oh sure, and I will quench her anger if I get there now?

You: Maybe not, but I might be able to work something out to escape from an earful.

Makoto: Fine, if you really want to kick me out that bad.

You: It's not like I want too silly.

Makoto leans in and kisses you passionately before standing up and grabbing her clothes. She heads into the bathroom to clean herself up and get dressed while you sit in bed naked and reeling in last night's events. Makoto left some notable marks and bruises that you might need to do something extra to cover it all up.

After some time, Makoto exits the bathroom, all fitted up, and her hair is fixed. She smirks at you, looking over yourself, and wraps her arms around you. Kissing your neck and cheek, she playfully teases you.

You: I should probably take a shower.

Makoto: Don't want to smell like our night?

You: That and your sister could probably tell if I had your scent on me.

Makoto: She isn't a dog dummy.

You: She isn't, but she is also my boss.

Makoto: You're no fun.

You: And you are too dangerous for me.

Makoto: Am I? Well, maybe you can put me in handcuffs and show me how dangerous I am.

You: Then you'll have to worry about me being dangerous.

Makoto: That sounds lovely.

You: Hmph, whatever you say, Makoto.

With one last kiss, you enter the bathroom and wash yourself before exiting with a fresh pair of clothes. You gather your things and head downstairs to Makoto, finishing some morning breakfast. She wears one of your aprons, and you can't help but be mesmerized by her figure. Taken aback, you clear your throat, and she turns to you with a smile.

Makoto: There you are, dear! I made you breakfast.

You: You're enjoying this way more than you think you are.

Makoto: Certainly.

You: I swear, if you continue this up, I will end up marrying you.

Makoto: What?

You: Nothing, I was just talking out loud.

Makoto: Do you not want to spend the rest of your life with me?

You: What? Of course, I want to spend my life with you.

Makoto: Hehe, gotcha. Teasing you is so easy.

You: And you're burning the eggs.

Makoto: Hmm? OH! SHOOT!

She quickly turns and saves the eggs, and you sneak up behind her to give her a nice handful smack on her butt, causing her to jump and nearly drop the pan. With your reflexes, you snatch the pan and save it.

Makoto: How bold~

You: Payback.

Makoto: You liked it.

You: No comment.

Makoto: Sit down; I'll plate it for you.

You: Sure thing.

You kiss her cheek before sitting in the chair at the counter. She quickly finishes the rest of the food and presents it alongside her own plate, and you both enjoy the meal. You tell Makoto you'll clean the dishes after work, and she grabs her stuff before heading out with you. Walking her to the station, you give one last kiss goodbye before stepping on your own train to head over to the office.

Some time passes as you enter the office. Quickly, you are stared at by the precinct and enter the elevator to head to your office. It doesn't take long before Akechi shows up and acknowledges your presence.

Akechi: Well, there's a face I haven't seen in a little while. How were your exams?

You: Just fine, probably passed with flying colors.

Akechi: Why does that not surprise me?

You: How have cases been, by the way? Anything of note?

Akechi: Not so much. There have been some small reports of people feeling dizzy, but the potential for Mental Shutdowns is unlikely.

You: Now that is something. The news barely reports on any Mental Shutdowns as of recent.

Akechi: That's because there has been a lack of. Whatever is causing them must be halted.

You: A pause right now seems good.

Akechi: Possibly, I don't want to get comfortable now. We still have a job to do investigating them. When Sae-san arrives, we are going to review some cases and take charge of some of them. I hope you are prepared. Wait, where is your firearm?

You: I turned mine in when I had to leave for a bit.

Akechi: Why didn't you request one when you arrived?

You: It... Kinda slipped my mind.

Akechi: No, that won't do. Here, I'll put in a request on your behalf.

You: Are you sure?

Akechi: We are partners if we both work for Sae-san. Even if I see you as a rival, it is only fair we watch each other's backs.

You: Yeah, thanks, Akechi.

Akechi: My pleasure. Inform Sae-san of my absence when she shows up. It won't take me long.

You: Sure thing.

Akechi leaves the room, adjusting his gloves before heading to the armory. Adjusting your tie and suit, you feel a little out of place in such an office alone. It takes only some time before Sae arrives at the office and sits in her chair. A loud sigh escapes her lips before the most menacing stare strikes you from her. A sudden worry fills your heart as you realize that she knew about you and Makoto last night.