Ren's Memories Part 1 (Chapter 102)

*Cognitive World*

Your POV

Diving deep into the depths of the abyss, you open your eyes and place your hand on your face...

You: PERSONA!!!

Instantly you call forth Kage and are surrounded by shadows. Your mask appears on your face and so does your attire. Gaining control of your situation you manipulate the space around you and begin to walk in the abyss.

You: Futaba must have gone to sleep as well. I need to find her quickly.

Closing your eyes, you soon open as the golden sheen sparks to life within your eyes, and Shadow Sense peers into the veil. Focusing your target within your mind, you follow a trail that leads to the familiar green aura of Futaba. You float your way into a house that is morphed and disfigured by the elements around it. Slipping into the house you find a sleeping visage of Futaba as the trace of her Persona still lingers within her heart. You place your hand on hers and channel your power through her. A brief moment seizes the air around you both, but soon you cause her awakening, unleashing Prometheus. Futaba's eyes burst open as she takes a deep breath from the sudden pull. Her body explodes into blue flames and soon she is wearing her Phantom Theves attire.

Futaba: I won't lie... I thought this wasn't going to work.

You: If there is one thing that I had going into this place again was surely confidence. Now, are you able to pinpoint the Palace within the Cognitive World?

Futaba: Give me a second to try...

Futaba enters Prometheus and begins to work her magic. You equip a special earpiece that connects to a direct link to Futaba and her communication array.

Futaba: Easy peasy lemon squeeeezzzy! Ren's Palace has been located! Here let me do the honors!

You turn around and watch as a trail within the abyss lights up the dark and shoots toward a single point. It touches some barriers and immediately highlights a giant building, the Palace.

You: Keep me posted Futaba, if anything changes within the Palace I want to know.

Futaba: You got it! Now go get our friends!

You: Let's do this!

You race forward, using the power of Kage to glide through the abyss and you hit the barrier, sinking through it, you slip past to the other side and the instant you enter the Palace, the shadows that cling to your body disperse and fade away as Kage has been siphoned by the Palace. Only a faint trace of its power remains as Shokan inks out of your hand and becomes physical.

You: I'm in, do you read me?

Futaba: Loud and clear! Well maybe not really, I am getting some interference, but I just got to keep my skills sharp to bypass the issue. What do you see?

You: Give me a moment.

Finally take a good look at the Palace in front of you, its shape is distorted by the gates of iron bars that extend hundreds of feet into the air as they protrude with ivy-like thorns wrapped around them. Past the twisted gates are laid concrete that has been tampered with small ivy-like spikes for any trespasser. The grim feeling that this Palace oozes doesn't compare to the scale of a giant prison that shadows the entire field. You watch and see the jail cells are high up and open as you see images of shadows curled over and in chaos...

You: Futaba... This place isn't looking too great.

Futaba: What do you see?

You: It's a giant prison... I should have guessed... Ren's nightmare is when he was arrested...

Futaba: What...?

A sudden flash hits you, gripping your temple as a long-forgotten feeling pounds within your skull. Visions appear in your mind as they rattle your very core... Images of Ren in chains as he is taken away by some police officers. Static blurs your vision when you see yourself standing beside an imprisoned Ren, blood running down his head. You grip the bars, and you try to hold back your anger, but you are taken away... Static again, the pain throbs even harder. Snow falls as you watch him walk out of the prison. You were waiting for him and take him into a car and drive him away... Static happens once again, and you watch as Ren cries into your shoulder and you hold him close as the pain within his heart had exceeded his limit... Your vision goes white as the last image of Ren is him holding you in his arms, blood pouring out of your chest, Ren tries desperately to stop the bleeding as the bullet had ripped its way through your heart... The vision ends as blood begins to drip from your nose, the crimson color is tainted by a small black essence. You wipe it away and take a deep breath, still not sure what these episodes mean, you continue to walk forward to the path ahead...

Futaba: Y/N? Are you there?

You: Yeah... Don't worry I am going to the same Ren... I am going to save our friend!

You dash forward and use a bit of Kage's stored power to phase through the iron gate and run along the spikes, you feel your feet are pierced but the pain is minor. You grunt as you leap forward and bust through the front doors of the prison. Rolling to a stop, spotting Shadows turning their heads towards you...

You: Sorry to barge in... But this is a prison break!

Before the shadows could react and attack, you rush forward and slash the nearest one, the inky blood splatters across your face before it smokes and vanishes. Turning your body, you deflect the attack from behind as a shadow tries to swing its blade toward your head. Kicking its legs, you pierce through its head and roll onto it. Getting distance, you sprint in a mad dash towards an unready shadow which you carve in half. Your face shows the twisted anguish of your rage. In the distance, the rattling chains echo in the halls...calling you...

Thank you, guys, for reading this chapter! I hope you enjoyed it! Here we are, the start of 6 Palace infiltrations to save the Phantom Thieves has begun!

Due to some issues and problems I am facing in life, I am now promoting my Patreon to anyone who wants to support me financially, this not only will provide me with some sort of income, however small or large it is, that will allow me to focus even more effort into writing for you guys. It is entirely your decision to check it out and provide me with any money you want to give me, the lowest starting is 5 minimum. Entirely up to you again, patreon.com/AKAustin is my Pateron for you to visit! Well I will See you all in the Next one! Thanks again!