Chapter 31

The dial tone cuts his sentence off, and he rolls his eyes. 

"Assholes could at least wait for me to finish my dramatic act." 

The screams have stopped, and he hears the thuds of footsteps on the wood of the stairs. Katsuki ducks his head into the doorway, dried blood flaking on his cheek and his eyes are bright as he grins at him. 

"I didn't throw up this time nerd." 

Izuku laughs and gets up, throwing his phone on the bed. It lands with a small thump and Izuku rolls up his sleeves. 

"Good job Katsuki. I just got off the phone with her parents, do you have her phone opened?" 

Katsuki stumbles a little bit, but he brings out the phone. His hands are covered in blood, some dry flakes falling swiftly to the floor. Katsuki notices and sighs. 

"I'm gonna wash my hands...."  

He hands Izuku the phone and goes downstairs to the bathroom, deciding to take a shower to wash the sweat and blood off of his body. Izuku goes through Uraraka's phone, looking through her photos, contacts, and message history.

 He sits back down on his bed, reading through the many conversations between her and Miko. They were really close, that much is obvious with how much and how daily the two of them talked. He finds pretty good information. 

- XX - XX - XX 

Ura - I don't know what to do Miko, I'm scared... 

Miko - Of what Ura? Its ok, I'm here to help in any way i can, ok? 

Ura - My parents have been arguing about not having enough money to pay for my school and the house

Ura - They won't even take the money i offer them and it makes me so mad 

Ura - I just want to help them but they won't let me 

Miko - Maybe they just don't want you to worry about stuff like that 

Ura - I know but I'm part of the family too you know? 

Ura - Sometimes it makes me think they would be better off if i just disappeared 

Ura - I need to make tons of money 

Ura - Do you have any ideas? 

Miko - I don't know Ura 

Miko - For tons of money fast, there aren't much legal jobs like that 

Ura - But you do know someone? 

Miko - .... 

Miko - I do, but I'm not sure it's such a good idea... 

Ura - Miko, you know me 

Ura - I'll be ok

Miko - Ok, I'll introduce you to him 

Izuku scrolls past some other messages, looking for something more. A couple weeks later, Miko sent a contact number to her named 'Koro'.

Koro - you better get your shit together kid. You're the one who signed up for this. 

Ura - I just need a break, I'm not backing out 

Ura - I can work harder, i know i can 

Ura - Just give me a chance 

Koro - Your lucky i like your friend. But one more slip up and your dead.