Chapter 50

His green hair is in curls that go in different directions, framing his face like a halo. Even when he is in the same school uniform as everyone else, he stands out. 

The boy catches Todoroki's gaze lingering and smiles. 

He can't look anymore so he turns to his father. 

"Let's start. You." 

He points to the boy closest to him who stands up quickly, nervous. 

"We are going to be interviewing each and every one of you. Be prepared." 

Roughly, the older man leads the teen into a separate room. Todoroki stands awkwardly for a moment but then sits down next to the green haired boy. 

The blonde glares at him and he stares back. He growls out something that Todoroki can't understand from where he is and turns to the freckled boy.

"Do you think the weather will be alright for the zoo? I dont want it to go to shit." 

The freckled boy smiles and nods, bringing out his phone, tapping at it as he speaks. 

"It should be, i already checked it. See?" 

At the end of his sentence, he shows the screen to the blonde. Its blue with small pictures in six boxes, symbolizing the day of the week and the kind of weather. The symbol for today is a bright sun with no cloudy sky. 

The freckled boy puts his phone away and leans into the blonde. 

"It'll be great, i promise. Nothing will get in our way this time." 

The blonde's cheeks turn pink, and he looks away. 

"Whatever you say Izuku." 

Izuku. 

That was his name. 

Somehow it seemed so fitting. 

He must have been staring because the blondes fiery red eyes meet his and he glares. 

"What the hell are you looking at half and half?" 

His response is delayed. He has never been called half and half before and it catches him off guard. He was born with two different colored eyes and hair. It had weirded a lot of people out, especially when he stared. 

He couldn't help it. He got swept up in watching people, their movements, their expressions. 

His eyes meet green. 

"I didn't mean to eavesdrop. My apologies." 

The blond gives him a scrunched-up look and Izuku smiles at him yet again. 

"It's ok, Katsuki's just like that. I'm Izuku Midoriya, what's your name?" 

There is the faint smell of brewing coffee from the counter and Todoroki answers. 

"My name is Shoto Todoroki." 

Izuku offers his hand and Todoroki shakes it. His hand is scared and there is rough skin creating ridges, nothing like Todoroki's bruised knuckles but otherwise soft one. 

He sees the blonde's eyes pinpoint the exact moment of contact with a dark look and he begins to get it. 

This boy likes Midoriya. 

"Its nice to meet you Todoroki. This is Katsuki Bakugo." 

Izuku interduces Bakugo, who snaps out of his thoughts to aim his snarl back at Todoroki. Hes curious. 

"How long have you two known each other?" 

Izuku laughs and rubs the back of his neck. 

"We've actually known each other for a long time-" 

"Yeah, so back the fuck off half and half bastard."