Chapter 84

Izuku Midoriya was told he was special since the day he was born. Expectations the size of the world were put on a child who didn't even know how to walk yet. 

His mother loved him very much, almost too much. She never let him outside. This was during the time that news of his birth was still fairly new, people trying to crush the invincible man that was his father. 

He had nowhere else to go, nothing else to do but sit in his room. He wasn't even allowed to go through the other rooms in the house without a servant with him. His room had everything he needed, a private bathroom connected to it and the servants even brought him all his meals. 

Still, it was so so quiet.

His father would take him out sometimes, for 'training'. Though he was never told for what, his child brain often thought it was just to punish him. But his mother only asked how hero training went. 

He had begun to think that he was training to be a hero, like the ones in the show, like all might. Of course, those were only childish thoughts. But when he would come back beaten and bruised, his mother wouldn't say anything else, only look at him with a smile. 

He thought that since it hurt a lot, he would become stronger. 

He thought that maybe it was ok. 

All of this rushes back to him when he steps inside of his old room. Katsuki is behind him, inspecting everything his eyes land on. The room is small, his child self had insisted he didn't need a big room, so they put him here. 

There is a small bed in the corner and posters all over the walls. They are bright colored, mostly of All Might. There is a small T.V in the opposite corner, and tons of bookcases filled with D.V.Ds, books, and hero figures. 

"Wow." 

Izuku feels embarrassed for some reason and sits on the small bed, feeling it creak under his new weight. His mom must have had the maids clean this place every day. Dust should have been everywhere, but the room was clean, and the bed is made. 

Katsuki sets down the cat carrier and lets out Fizz, who walks around the room with new curiosity. The blonde looks at the bookcase and sees a row of notebooks lined on one shelf. He picks up the first one. 

'Hero notes for the future, number 1' 

"What's this?" 

Katsuki flips through it, seeing detailed notes and drawings of heroes. Izuku looks at Fizz who stares at him. He readies his body and launches himself to Izuku's lap. He welcomes this by petting his black fur, watching as some cat hair flies out. 

"Are you shedding little kitty?" 

Izuku mumbles at fizz, who just meows at him and plops himself down. He looks at Katsuki to answer his question. 

"I really wanted to be a hero when I was little. Cringy right? I almost forgot i had those."