Chapter 34

He is taken out of that memory when Izuku grabs his hand. it's warm against the cold air and Katsuki grips it tight. There is silence, both of them comfortably walking back home. When they get to the door and Izuku is opening it, Katsuki speaks. 

"I've always wanted to go to the zoo." 

Izuku looks at him in a way that makes Katsuki feel like he is trying to swallow him whole. 

"The zoo?" 

Katsuki nods and Izuku pulls him inside, still holding his hand. Izuku smiles at him, his eyes softening as they look at him and it does things to Katsuki's heart. Butterflies bang around in Katsuki's stomach, and he swallows the liquid pooling on his tongue. 

"Then tomorrow, we'll go to the zoo."  

Katsuki grins back at him and the both of them take their shoes off and go into the kitchen. Katsuki feels like he's on cloud nine, a dazed look on his face that makes Izuku laugh. After they eat, Izuku has an idea. 

"I know its late, but why don't we watch the hero T.V show? Unless your tired-" 

Katsuki looks at him, eyes wide as he stops momentarily drying the dishes. 

"I'm not tired! We can watch the whole damn thing if you want!" 

"All 14 seasons? -" 

"Hell yeah!" 

Izuku stares at him, stunned. 

"But the zoo-" 

"I got more than enough energy to go to the zoo after a whole night of watching that show you like! Go to the couch and put it on I'm almost done!" 

Izuku's heart does something. Whatever it is Izuku lets it be, at least for now. He nods and turns on his heel, walking briskly into the living room to set it up. Katsuki hums to himself as he finishes up the dishes and puts them in the clean part of the sink to put away later. 

He goes into the living room to find Izuku already sitting on the couch looking at the paused screen. It shows a colorful title with a super buff man striking a pose in a equally bright costume, his blond hair up in a hairstyle with two parts of his bangs standing up. 

Katsuki sits right next to Izuku this time, still a little nervous when their skin touches. Izuku internally cheers at the progress, bringing an arm around Katsuki's shoulders. He presses play and the show starts, a happy and exiting theme song beginning to flow from the speakers. 

Katsuki sees why Izuku likes the show so much, the characters are cool, and the events make Katsuki's heart pound. But there is also something else that makes the T.V show cooler. Its watching Izuku, who is normally so neutral, rise up in excitement or scream in frustration at something happening. 

Izuku keeps turning to Katsuki, letting out a wave of information about the characters, his opinions on them, why some are his favorite, the best parts, and special things in the background. Katsuki loves this moment. Izuku looks so cute like this. 

It almost feels like they really are together, watching him express himself so freely. Its a feeling he forgot long ago, the feeling of being home.