Chapter 80

That night they get all of their bags, Fizz in his cat carrier. Its dark and cold when they get into the car, all of their bags in the trunk and the back seats.

 But still, there is a certain feeling of excitement and nervousness in the air when they finally set off to the airport. Fizz is curled up in the cat carrier, Katsuki holding it steady in his hands. 

Soft music plays in the background while they are speeding past houses and trees in the dark. Katsuki looks at Izuku who has a focused expression on his face, his freckled skin so flawless even with how much he's been up for the past few weeks. 

His black turtleneck is layered with another black jacket to fight off the cold. He had bought Katsuki a matching one, which had made his heart flutter. The green haired man had bought them a lot of matching clothes over packing for this trip. 

Katsuki must have been staring for too long because the other glances at him to meet his eyes. He grins cheekily and Katsuki sees the way his eyes gleam. 

"What's up? Is there something on my face?" 

Katsuki glares at him without any real anger and turns away as he feels heat rush to his cheeks. Izuku knows what he does to Katsuki, there is no way that he doesn't. 

"No, just making sure you aren't falling asleep." 

Izuku's grin turns into a small smile as he continues to watch the road.

"I won't fall asleep, we're almost at the airport." 

Katsuki feels even more nervous at the thought of actually flying in a plane. Hes never done anything like that, has only seen it in movies. So, it's natural to be nervous. 

"Is flying in a plane bad? Like is there any shit i have to worry about?" 

Izuku thinks for a moment, humming. 

"No, i don't think so. Are you nervous?" 

Katsuki keeps looking at the window, leaning his head on it. The cold glass feels nice, slightly working to cool his red face down. 

"Just thinking about what to expect." 

The rest of the car ride is filled with pleasant conversation, Katsuki yawning occasionally and feeling fizz shift between sleep and consciousness. When they get to the airport, Izuku finds the person responsible for driving the car back to the house. 

Katsuki is too busy to take in his appearance though, getting the bags out of the car and being careful with Fizz. When the guy drives off, they go through all of the mandatory security procedures. 

There is a lot of waiting and Katsuki's eyelids feel like boulders on his face by the end of it. They are both waiting for their plane to get ready for boarding, Katsuki leaning against Izuku, resting his head on his shoulder. 

The airport is mostly empty, save for a few loners and equally exhausted families. It feels empty, far from what Katsuki was expecting. 

Izuku watches him falling asleep, feeling his own heartbeat quicken. He looks away, staring at the floor in front of him. 

They wait there in silence. 

42,080