Chapter 99

A woman stands by the door hours later, clearing her throat in order to be heard over the screams and yells. Dabi is the first one to notice her, shoving togas face away. Her gaze is focused on the floor as she speaks. 

"Master demands all of you come to the main dining room." 

There is a quiet that settles in the room. Tomura sighs, standing up from the floor. He cards a hand through his hair and ties it back into a ponytail. Toga takes a moment, but she happily gets up, pulling twice up with her. 

"Come on twice! I hope Kurogiri is cooking again!" 

"Can't wait to eat." 

"Like I'm gonna put that shit anywhere near my mouth!" 

Izuku gets up too, holding his hand out for Katsuki to take. The blonde does and Izuku pulls him up. Everyone leaves the room, Dabi and Tomura in the front, Toga and twice jumping around in the middle. 

Katsuki looks at Izuku with an intense gaze. Izuku looks at him and smiles. Anyone else might think Katsuki is pissed off at something, but Izuku can tell that's not the case. It's really weird, but he's learned how to tell Katsuki's actions and expressions apart. 

"Don't be worried Katsuki. My parents aren't that bad." 

Katsuki highly doubts that, but it's not the point at the moment. He looks ahead to make sure that none of the others can hear what they're saying. They are all preoccupied with their own thing.

"It's not that. I'm worried about you. Are you going to be ok?"

Izuku gives him a questioning look. He tilts his head slightly. 

"Why wouldn't i be?" 

Katsuki looks back at him. He focuses on anything else but his eyes. He notices something on Izuku's arm. Little red dots on the fabric. Izuku had taken off the jacket a while ago because of the nice weather, changing into one of Tomuras shirts. 

He reaches out his other hand to touch them. 

"What's this?" 

Izuku pauses for a second before he laughs quietly. 

"I was just walking around and bumped into someone." 

Katsuki has that feeling again, that something is wrong, but he ignores it. At least for now. Hes here to support Izuku, not force him to answer his questions.  He moves his hand away, letting it drop back down to his side. He continues from Izuku's previous question. 

"It's just... your mom and dad are gonna be there and I've heard how everyone talks about them. I know you don't like to talk about them, that much is obvious- But! I'm not trying to be an ass about it I just want to... yknow..." 

He looks away again, not wanting to see Izuku's face. He feels the heat in his cheeks and dies inside. But all of that washes away when Izuku actually laughs. Not that forced one from a couple of seconds ago, but a real laugh. 

It's comforting. 

When he glares at him it lacks any real threat. 

"Are you laughing at me right now nerd?" 

Izuku grins and wraps his arm around his shoulders, pulling him close. 

"I'm sorry, I'm not laughing at you. Thank you for being here with me. I don't think i could have even come this far without you. I mean it." 

Yeah, now he's definitely red. Damn this asshole for being so irresistible. 

He misses the playful look Toga gives them.