Chapter 144

Its oddly quiet when they enter the house, their footsteps echoing in the hallway as they take off their shoes. 

Katsuki goes into the living room to get Fizz out of his cat carrier as Izuku goes to get the rest of the bags out of the car. 

Izuku goes to the trunk and looks at the bags. He puts his hands on his hips and sighs. The small light from the trunk lets him see inside and the cold air pricks at his nose. 

He reaches his hands in and lifts out one of them, the small wheels of the bag landing on the floor with a thud that sounds way to loud in the quiet street. 

He hears the click of shoes on the ground behind him and he jumps, turning to the person. The girl puts her hands up, stepping back. 

"A-Ah, hi..." 

Shes dressed in a coat that reaches down to her knees, her black leggings peeking out from where Izuku can see. She has light pink hair that goes down to her lower back and dark eyes. 

He raises an eyebrow at her. Why is this girl outside in the middle of the night, especially right behind him? 

Red flushes her cheeks and she hugs herself, looking away. She glances at him, her lips in a slight pout. 

"I um... I'm from your class. My name is Akiko Ayumi. S-sorry for showing up so late, I couldn't get a hold of you and i was just in the neighborhood and saw your car pull up..." 

Izuku internally groans and sees the bundle of papers in the girl's arms. 

"What's that?" 

She jumps and her eyes widen. She turns even more red and holds them away from her body, shoving them toward Izuku. He grabs them quickly before they can fall to the ground. 

"I-Its Katsuki Bakugos work? A-and yours too, the teacher asked for me to bring them over..." 

Izuku scans through them, confirming that it is their schoolwork. He looks back down at her, watching her shift on her feet. 

"Thank you. Listen, it's a little late, maybe you should get going." 

-

Katsuki reaches his hand out and the little black kitty comes out of the carrier to rub his face into his warm hand. He scratches at the cat's chin as Fizz purrs, flopping onto the ground. 

The blonde leaves the living room, Fizz darting under the couch to get one of the toys he left there. 

He puts his shoes back on and goes out the front door and onto the porch. He sees them by the light of the trunk, Izuku holding a bundle of papers and the girl standing in front of him. 

He goes over and Izuku notices him when he's by the car, his eyes flashing in recognition, like he just remembered he was inside. 

Katsuki ignores this and instead locks his gaze on the girl, who stares at him with a frown twisting on her face. 

She shifts, putting her arms on either side of her and intertwining her fingers together. He recognizes her quickly, despite the darkness and her suddenly embarrassed aura. 

Alarm bells ring in his head and his hands ball up into fists at his side, annoyance clear on his face. 

"Why are you here extra." 

The girl's expression falters slightly, turning into something more like anger than embarrassment. She doesn't make a move to speak, so Izuku answers for her.

The freakled boy's eyes drill into him in the dark, though a small smile dances onto his lips. Katsuki sees the girl look at Izuku, that expression melting away into a softer one. 

It makes his blood boil. 

"Shes here to drop off some of your homework. But she's leaving now." 

Izuku turns to the girl, giving her a look. She stares for a moment before jumping, her shoulders tensing up and her cheeks flushing red. She stammers, bowing. 

"Y-Yes. G-goodnight!" 

She turns on her heel and briskly walks away from them. But not before Katsuki sees the way she grits her teeth and the anger pooling in her eyes. 

Katsuki folds his arms over his chest and tchs, grumbling something as he helps Izuku with the bags. 

The green haired boy just smiles softly at him and laughs, following him to the door when all the bags are out, and the car is locked. 

They are finally able to settle down, plopping onto the bed with a sigh. 

"It's so nice to finally be home..." 

Katsuki nods, turning to face Izuku in the dark. He sees the outline of his face, his hair, his body. He sees the way his chest rises and falls, his breathing soft and even. 

Izuku catches him staring and shifts his body so he's looking right back. The nerd smiles softly at him, his eyes playful in the dark. 

"What?" 

Katsuki feels heat pool at his gut and his face, but he still doesn't turn away. 

"Nothing. I just missed this." 

Izuku is silent, understanding on his face. Even without having to explain anything, the other understands what Katsuki means. 

"Yeah. I did too." 

                              ______________________________________________________

The birds are chirping, and the sun light is streaming in through the curtain. Katsuki stares at the ceiling for a while before turning to Izuku. 

The other is still sleeping, snoring softly. His shirt is raised up, his hand scratching at his exposed stomach. 

Katsuki smiles and gets out of bed, walking as quietly as possible downstairs and into the kitchen to start breakfast. 

He goes to get some dishes out of the cupboard but stops when he hears Fizz meowing in another room. 

He turns and goes over to the sound. The sunlight coming from the windows highlights the small amount of dust in the air, making the house feel oddly warm. 

He sees Fizz in the living room, staring up at the window, meowing. He goes over, reaching his hand out to pet the small kitten. 

"What's got you all worked up little bastard? Ill feed you so don't-" 

Katsuki's eyes trail up to the window and he stops talking. Again, those same eyes stare at them from some unknown hiding place. It sends chills up his spine, but then it hits him. 

Those eyes staring at him right now are the same ones he saw last night. 

That little bitch