Chapter 68

Izuku is staring at the ceiling. Katsuki is gone now, off to school. He would have gone with him, but Katsuki said he had to do it himself. Izuku is proud of him but bored out of his mind. It's quiet in the house, it feels like everything is on mute. It freaks him out, so he tries to listen to music while doing the dishes. 

As the song plays, Izuku hums along, that nervousness from before melting away. Until it's coming back tenfold when he thinks he hears screams down in the basement. Great. He quickly leaves the kitchen, the rest of the dirty dishes forgotten. 

He puts on his sweater and his shoes, going out the door and slamming it shut. Outside is warm, a soft breeze cooling everything down so it isn't as hot. It's really nice, and Izuku takes a deep breath. It was a good idea to go outside, but now what? 

Katsuki hears them whispering a couple of seats away from him. It's crazy, he can hear almost everything from where he's sitting and it's still out of view from everyone. Hes doing some of his assignments on paper, writing essays and solving shit. He got behind a lot since he missed like five months, but he can handle this. 

He goes back to listening to the two girls talking to each other, everyone else in their own little bubbles. 

"Have you seen Midoriya Kun lately? I'm getting a little worried..." 

The other girl giggles, nudging at the other with her shoulder. Hot pink nails fan the air, and her blushed cheeks match her friends. 

"You're just saying that because you have a massive crush on him. Not like i can blame you though, he's pretty hot." 

"That isn't the point! I'm just being a good classmate." 

Katsuki wonders how Izuku is doing. He seemed fine in the morning, but there is this nagging feeling in the back of Katsuki's head telling him something is wrong. It doesn't help that he's still thinking about last night. He didn't want to tell Izuku, but he ended up waking up in the middle of the night. 

Katsuki had been tossing around for a little bit after suddenly waking up, trying to get back to sleep. But right when he was passing out again, Izuku started to move. His chest was rising and falling fast, and he was sweating, panting and mumbling out sounds. 

Katsuki had sat up and held his hand until he calmed down, wiping his face and trying to comfort him. When Izuku's breathing slowed and he began to sleep calmly, Katsuki fell asleep. It had been clear that something was up, but he just couldn't say anything. 

After all the stuff Izuku has done for him, the least he can do is help him with this, whatever it is. 

Starting with of course, going to school and getting a good job. He doesn't want to be a burden anymore then he already been, plus if him and Izuku are going to live together for a while, he might as well start helping out more. 

With that new motivation, Katsuki continues his schoolwork.