Chapter 122

Izuku stops in front of the grand kitchen door, inko looking at him with a confused look on her face. 

"Why did you stop here Izuku?" 

He smiles but quickly wipes it off. He looks at her, forcing an embarrassed look on his face instead. 

"I kind of want a snack mom. Do you?" 

Inko hums, looking at the door thoughtfully. She smiles at him and nods. 

"Ok Izuku." 

He really shouldn't be bringing her around Katsuki, he knows that. But he's selfish, and even if he feels the guilt going up his gut, he ignores it as best as he can. He just wants to see him, even for just a second. 

Inko calls for some servants and they open the door. Once the door is open, Izuku and inko step inside. The smell of food goes to their noses and Izuku's stomach rumbles. 

Maybe he really was a little hungry. 

What he notices instantly is the cheering in one of the corners of the huge kitchen. Inko tilts her head, and Izuku pulls her toward the crowd. 

Some chefs go to greet them, but Izuku raises his hand to stop them, watching the show in front. 

Katsuki is focused on what's in front of him, his hands moving quickly and his eyes zoning in on the area. He has a pan, adding oil and dried anchovies quickly, making sure they get seared well. 

Kurogiri is doing the same, but he seems to be a little bit ahead. He adds soy sauce to the pan, making it steam up. He doesn't stop adding the soy sauce though, making sure he gets enough in.

Katsuki does the same, and Kurogiri glances at him. The blonde doesn't stop though, not even looking at him. Izuku stares at him. The steam rises fast, and Katsuki moves his face away, still focused. 

Hes so cool... 

He doesn't look away for a while, not until the two competitors are reaching down to get a bowl of ready made dough and rolling it out. Izuku looks at one of the chefs next to him, who is excitedly watching the two. 

"What are they making?" 

The chef jumps, slightly nervous. He smiles, grimacing at the same time. 

"U-Um Tonkotsu Ramen young master." 

Izuku hums and turns back to the front, the chef relaxing. Inko huffs not so quietly, looking at Izuku. By the look on her face, she is displeased. Still, she doesn't let go of his arm, like she's scared he's going to suddenly disappear. 

He wishes he could. 

"I thought you just wanted a snack Izuku." 

Izuku nods, still not looking away. He mumbles out an answer for her. 

"Yeah, but i wanna watch now." 

She stares at him, her eyes narrowing in suspicion. 

"You knew he was here didn't you." 

Izuku looks at her now, pretending to be surprised. 

"Why would you think that?" 

Inko glares, gripping tighter. 

"You know better than to lie to me Izuku." 

Hes silent, then looks away. Katsuki is picking up chashu pork belly from water and putting it on a rack. He then puts it in the oven.