Chapter 95

The path is a big circle, and when they get back to the beginning Izuku is ready to leave his mother. But she won't let him go when he tries to make excuses or say goodbye. 

"Spend more time with me Izuku. It's the least you can do." 

She sits down on a bench next to the door leading inside and pats the space next to her. Izuku tries not to let the annoyance and disappointment show on his face when he follows her instructions. 

He sees a servant trying to maintain some of the wild growth of the plants closest to the house. He won't get anywhere though. It would take thousands of years to try and make this place anything like the garden.

"I heard you brought a boy with you. Are you planning to use one of the spare rooms to get rid of him? Maybe that would make you feel at home again." 

Izuku shakes his head, relaxing against the warm bench. 

"Katsuki is important to me. I'm not going to hurt him." 

Inko looks at him this time, her eyebrows furrowed in concern, her lips in a straight line. 

"Izuku, you know how worried I've been. I was the one who convinced your father to let you move into that house and send you money, even giving you tools so you could continue your hobby. All because i thought you would be safe and careful." 

Izuku holds her arm in his, comforting her. This action feels natural, a habit he's had since he was a little kid. 

"I am being careful. Katsuki already knows about what i do and i know it's safe to trust him. Hes proven that again and again." 

Inko still has that look on her face, clearly not believing him. The servant from before has given up now, going back into the house. 

"Izuku, this is why i think you should just stay home. If you aren't going because of this boy, then we could easily set something up. We can let him stay in that house, even send him money. Would that make you want to stay?" 

Izuku feels annoyed again. He lets go of her arm, instead holding himself, slightly turning away from her. 

"Why do you keep telling me to stay? I'm just going to say no over and over again." 

Her eyes water and Izuku stares at her as her shoulders shake slightly. 

"Why do you keep hurting me like this? It isn't fair, after all i sacrificed for us, you leave me all alone...." 

Izuku says nothing. 

"Do you like seeing me suffer? Do you like to see me cry and hurt Izuku? Is that why you keep doing this?" 

Izuku feels that familiar feeling of guilt. She sniffs and tears fall from her eyes. 

"Mom i don't-" 

"You have to! There is no other reason you would do this to me. After all we have been through together, do you remember? Or has being away for so long distorted your memory?" 

Izuku hugs her tightly as she begins to cry. 

They sit there in the isolated part outside, inko sobbing into his shoulder as he sits there and tries not to cry with her.