Chapter 41

He turns the knob and opens the door. 

The two adults stop their yelling and stare at Katsuki and Izuku. The birds are chirping outside, and it feels like it doesn't really fit the situation. 

The weather is too sunny. It would be better if it was thundering outside. His brain feels like its slamming itself against his skull as he looks at them. 

It's like he's back to his old self, the one who cowered at the mere thought of them, the one who would lay there and take it. 

But Izuku grips his hand and reminds him that he is different now. He glares at them both and his lips turn up in a scowl. 

"Shut the hell up." 

The two of them stare at him, dumbstruck. His uncle opens his mouth to scream more stuff at him, but he keeps talking, his voice clear to make room for no interruptions. 

Hes glad that they can't sense his nerves shaking inside his body. 

"I'm going to let you inside. You are going to sit down. I'm going to make breakfast. I am going to fucking talk and you are going to shut the hell up and listen. When i ask a question, you are going to answer it and if i don't like what you say I'm cutting your fucking tongues out." 

Katsuki doesn't wait for an answer, instead turning on his heel and pulling Izuku with him. He hears the other two following silently, closing the door behind them.

 He takes a deep breath and relaxes his shoulders. 

Hes safe here. This is Izuku's house. Izuku is right here. He can do this. Hes strong. 

Katsuki glances at him and when their eyes meet, Izuku gives him a small and gentle smile. Katsuki smiles back and lets it fall when he turns back to the two adults. They look around the hall and stop to see what Katsuki has to say. 

"Sit down at the table so you're out of my way." 

When they get into the kitchen, Katsuki goes to the fridge and starts taking out things for French toast. The stale bread they let sit out for a couple of days waiting just for something like this.

 Izuku sits at the table, the other two sitting down next to each other. Izuku folds his arms and fixes his stare onto the uncle, taking in his appearance. Hes wearing a white stained tank top and he looks like he hasn't showed in days. 

Probably hasn't, the dirty scum. His beard is unshaven, and his hair is messy, revealing the ever-growing bald spot. 

Lucky for Izuku, things like that don't run in his family. His grandfather had a full set of curly hair when he was put in the family graveyard at the tender age of 97.

 The older man catches him staring and glares at him but turns his eyes downcast when Izuku does nothing but continue to look at him.