Chapter 97

When she finally stops crying his shoulder is wet and he feels empty. Another normal habit he has when he's around her. She holds onto his arm, trapping him against her. Its tight, like she will never let him go. 

She is so close he feels her body heat and her hair going close to his face. Her grip around his arm tightens even more and he feels closed in. 

"Thank you Izuku. Your always here for me even when I'm like this..." 

Izuku nods, listening to their footsteps echoing in the hall. He lets her lead, though he doesn't know where they're going now. He wants to get away from her already. 

"I don't know what came over me, i just get so sad at the thought of you leaving again." 

They turn a corner and Izuku sees the door to his room. He looks at her, but she doesn't say anything. They go inside. All of their bags are already in the room, ready to be put away. There are some on the bed and in the closet. 

Inko moves past him to sit on the bed next to an open case. It bounces slightly when she lands. Katsuki's clothes are packed in it, the thousands of shirts and jackets he bought for him bursting out. 

Her hands move to pick one of them up, ready to fold it. But suddenly, Izuku feels his body move before he can think. He grabs her hand, gripping it tight. He doesn't know why, but he doesn't want her to touch anything. 

The surprised look on her face startles him for a second, but he plays it off. He holds her hand and moves the suitcase a little so he could sit next to her. That expression melts off of her face and back into her normal gaze. 

She smiles softly at him, resting her head on his shoulder. She opens her mouth to say something, but Izuku stands up and pulls her with him. 

"It's been..." 

He hesitates and she looks up at him.

"Nice talking to you again mom. I'm gonna go find Katsuki so-" 

She grabs onto him, her eyes panicked. Her voice is louder this time. 

"Izuku. Don't leave, stay with me a little longer. Ok?" 

He feels her fingers dig into his arm and the skin rip under her nails. He winces. 

"Mom let me go, your nails are-" 

"You don't know how lonely I've been without you Izuku! In this big house, I'm all alone! No one else understands what we've been through, no one!" 

Her voice rises even higher, and her eyes lose their glossy look. Now they look like the type of eyes you see on a person who is on the brink of death, scared and grasping for anything to keep them alive. 

"I won't let you leave with that boy; you know i wont!" 

"Mom!!" 

He pulls away and pushes her. He can't catch his breath, stepping out of the room. He doesn't look back even when he hears her calling his name. 

When he runs the air brushes against his arm, and he can feel the parts where his skin was ripped off by her nails.