Chapter 67

Izuku opens his eyes, slightly startled.  He doesn't remember what he was dreaming about, but his body is stiff and slightly sweaty, and he feels like he's just ran a marathon. For a couple of seconds, his chest rises and falls quickly.

There is light streaming in through the window curtains. 

He groans and turns his body. He can just feel the exhaustion still lingering, finally about to catch his breath.

Katsuki isn't in bed. His side of the bed is empty. He turns again and stares at the ceiling. Why does he feel so exhausted? The sun is so bright, and he turns over for a couple more moments. Then the smell of breakfast wafts up into the room and he finds the strength to get up. 

He scratches his head and yawns, catching his reflection in the mirror. He looks like shit. The bags under his eyes are so bad it looks like he has two black eyes. His hair is as messy as ever but missing their usual poofiness. Normally he wakes up perfectly fine, but maybe today just isn't his day. 

A great start. 

He feels something weigh at his chest and lets out a miserable sigh, trying to lessen it. It doesn't work. He goes downstairs, the wood creaking slightly under his feet. He goes into the kitchen and stands in the doorway. 

Katsuki is just finishing icing cupcakes, blue, red and yellow. All might colors. There is icing on his face, but he doesn't do anything about it, concentrating on his work. Izuku watches, not wanting to interrupt him. 

Hes cute like this. 

He lets the thought linger in his mind for a couple of seconds before moving into the kitchen more. On the table there is cake pops. 

Cake pops. 

He stares at them. 

Katsuki finally notices Izuku standing there and gives him a bright smile. 

"Goodmorning Izuku! How did you sleep?" 

He wants to kiss him. 

"I slept fine, how about you?" 

Katsuki wipes at his face and puts the last of the cupcakes on a plate, setting it on the table with the cake pops. 

"I slept pretty fucking good. I ended up getting up early to start breakfast and i might have gotten a little carried away. You were talking about wanting all might cake pops and cupcakes last night so i made some. But don't think you can have sugar every day for breakfast from now on understand?! You'll get sick if you do, then what?" 

Izuku smiles at him as Katsuki scolds him lightly. He sits down at the table and Katsuki follows, sitting at the other one across from him. 

"I appreciate it Katsuki, really." 

Katsuki looks at him, his eyes gleaming in pride. 

"You did an amazing job." 

Katsuki gives him a confident grin. 

"Of course, i did nerd!" 

Izuku picks up a cake pop and inspects it. The little all might face grins at him. He takes a bite of it, savoring the softness of it. He hums and feels a lot better than when he woke up. 

Being with Katsuki seems to have that effect on him.