Chapter 74

They go into the separate room, the vet following closely. The room is white, the smell of disinfectant and all different types of animals hit their noses as they look around. On a small table sits the kitten, a small black shadow in the otherwise white room. Its sleeping soundly, a small bandage wrapped around the mid-section of its body, a cone around its neck.

"You will be able to take him home once the receptionist gets your information for the payment." 

The vet leaves, his shoes clicking on the smooth floor, almost gliding. Katsuki moves over to the kitten, watching it sleep. It doesn't open its eyes or flinch when he sits down in a chair next to it. It's probably on a sedative. He watches the kitten for a moment, then looks at Izuku. 

The green haired boy is in deep thought, a hand on his chin as he thinks. Katsuki looks down at the smooth floor and when he looks up again, Izuku is already looking at him. 

"Do you want to keep him?" 

Izuku's eyes are patient as he waits for a response. Katsuki looks at the little guy and nods. 

"I don't want to leave it out there." 

It reminds him of how he used to be, as stupid as that sounds. He likes cats, so it shouldn't be a problem learning how to take care of it. He can do it. 

"Someone left him there and used his blood to write on our door." 

The statement hangs in the air, casting more weight into the current situation. It's quiet except for muffled talking of someone down the hall. Izuku lets out a deep breath, making his muscles lose as much tension as possible. 

"I'm going to go fill out the paperwork, ok? Make some calls too." 

Izuku goes to him and ruffles his hair, trying to comfort him somewhat. Katsuki gets the message and gives him a small smile. Izuku smiles back as best he can and leaves the room. The blonde watches him go, then resting his head against the wall and looking at the ceiling. 

Izuku stops when he is far away from anyone who may be listening. He leans against the wall, one foot propping him up. He dials a number and puts the phone to his ear. It rings once before someone picks up. 

"This better be good." 

Annoyance and exhaustion are clear in the man's voice, but Izuku doesn't really care. 

"How is everything going with that Uraraka stuff." 

The man sighs, slightly groaning. 

"Well trying to lead these cops is getting difficult, especially with that Todoroki guy. He seems really focused on you for some reason, even when they found that guy in charge of that illegal stuff. I forgot his name already." 

Izuku hums but gives no other response. 

"Someone left a threat on my doorstep today. Know what that's about?" 

The line is silent and then the man's voice changes, surprised. 

"What?" 

"Yeah, left a dying cat there too." 

More silence. 

"Listen kid, i think you should get out for a while." 

"What do you mean." 

"With the police looking this hard into you, it might be best to get some space. Also, with this other stuff. Ill submit a report for you, tell em that you left in fear of a stalker or something. That way you have a reason."

Authors note:

What should the kittens name be