Chapter 83

Toga breaks the tension with a bright smile, practically skipping to the car.

"Let's go home now! You two must be tried!"

Tomura and Dabi go to the car, opening the trunk and putting the luggage in. Toga goes to the passenger seat, humming happily.

"Actually, we were planning on getting a hotel-"

"Izuku just cancel it. You're staying with us."

Dabi says nothing else and gets into the driver's seat, Tomura going into the backseat. Katsuki and Izuku are the only ones not in the car. Izuku gives Katsuki a sorry look.

"I'm sorry about them Katsuki, they aren't usually like this."

Katsuki nods and the excited grin from before is on his face again.

"No, i get it. I can't wait to see your house! I'm gonna make sure i see all the embarrassing shit from your childhood."

Izuku laughs, scratching the back of his neck. He playfully nudges Katsuki's shoulder with his own.

"Admit it, that's the only reason your so excited."

Katsuki laughs.

"Maybe."

Katsuki opens the door and Izuku gets in, and he follows after. The car ride is nice, well as nice as it can get, and they drive through winding roads. Katsuki notices how deserted the road they're on is. 

Izuku grips his hand, and it's the only sign that the boy is feeling nervous, maybe even scared. The thought of Izuku being scared of going home sticks with the blonde. He wants to protect him, from whatever or whoever he's scared of. 

The number of trees start to grow and soon they are in a forest. Izuku looks at katsuki, that same small smile on his face, even when his eyes seem slightly wary.

"My famliy owns this part of land. The house is in the middle of it all, so it takes a while to get there." 

Katsuki looks outside the window again. Toga is going off about something, and it creates a kind of background noise as they pass tons of trees. 

Izuku runs through them, the sun light seeping out through the tree leaves, making small dots of light on his freakled skin. He holds the stick in his hand tightly as he runs, his chest tightening with the need for air.

But he keeps running because it's so fun being outside, even if he is alone. He likes to hide out here until his mom has to scream and send the big scary men after him. 

It makes him feel free, even when he knows deep down, he isn't. 

Finally, the drive through the forest is done and they see the house. 

"Welcome home Izu!" 

Katsuki doesn't even notice his mouth is open slightly until Izuku laughs because of it. The house is certainly... Something. He knew Izuku came from money, that was obvious. But this was definitely not what he expected. 

The house has big doors at the front, a long staircase leading up to them. Around the bottom of the stairs are flowers, beautiful red roses. There is a balcony above the door, and there are big windows. Its huge, it makes Katsuki feel kind of small. 

The car stops and they get out, a person standing by the stairs comes to them and takes it away. Katsuki grips Fizzes cat carrier with one hand and the other holds Izuku's. 

"We'll have the maids bring up your stuff to your old room Izuku." 

Maids

This can't be real. 

Tomura looks at him, displeasure clear on his face. 

"Your stuff will be taken to the guest room." 

Izuku starts to walk toward the stairs and addresses Tomura. 

"Actually, Katsuki and I are sharing a room. Also, we need cat stuff for Fizz." 

Tomura glances at the cat carrier and he looks like he's about to say something but stops himself. 

"Alright."