Chapter 79

So, he doesn't, he stands there and looks at Katsuki. Even when his heart is beating out of his chest and even though his throat feels like it's going to close up, he forces the words out as best he can. 

He can do this. 

"I lo-" 

His phone rings, so loud it makes both of them jump. Katsuki instinctively retracts his hands, face flaming red. Izuku gives him an apologetic look, but the blonde just gives him a thumbs up and sits down right there, Fizz going over to him. 

His eyes are hyper focused on Fizz or the floor, anywhere but Izuku. Whoever just interrupted them better have a good reason or Izuku is going to skin them alive and leave them in the basement to die slowly. 

Izuku answers the phone, annoyed. This annoyance seeps into his voice. 

"Hello." 

"Good evening. Am i speaking to Midoriya Izuku?" 

Izuku knows that voice instantly and changes his tone. Why was he calling? 

"Yes, who is this?" 

"Todoroki Enji. We talked a couple of weeks ago. I'm just calling to check up and see if you have any new information concerning Uraraka Ochako?" 

Izuku taps his foot, letting his annoyance back into his voice. 

"I thought that you were the one who was supposed to have new information sir." 

The older man's voice strains slightly, but he still keeps as much composure as possible. 

"We are not allowed to disclose new important information about the case unless it is something that will help us find the victim." 

Izuku hums and he hears a chair creaking on the other end. He watches Katsuki play with Fizz for a moment. 

"I see. No sir, I don't have any information that you don't already know." 

There is the sound of papers being turned, moved, and flipped. 

"Right. I have one more thing to ask you Mr. Midoriya." 

"Yes sir?" 

He is silent for a moment, keeping Izuku waiting. 

"Have you been in contact with Mr. Bakugo's family recently?" 

Izuku stops, his expression darkening. Why is he asking about that? It has almost nothing to do with what they are talking about right now. But if he says anything about that then he'll seem like he suspects something, which in turn, makes him suspicious. 

"Yes actually, a couple of weeks ago, almost half a month? It's hard to remember." 

More silence. Katsuki plays with Fizz, holding a fake mouse as the kitten paws at it, eyes wide. 

Would this man just fucking talk already? 

"Alright. That is all i needed to know. Thank you for your time." 

"Of course." 

Izuku hangs up, and right when he presses the red end call button, he gets a text. 

'Get the hell out of there kid or shits gonna hit the fan.' 

He knows that already. 

He shuts his phone off and puts it in his pocket. Katsuki looks up at him, his cheeks now cooled down slightly. Izuku smiles at him, trying to reassure him. 

"I think it's time to go Katsuki."