Chapter 104

After that silent dinner, servants are sent to pick up all the empty dishes. After all of the servants leave, Hisashi doesn't waste a second. He stands and leaves the room, Inko following close behind him. 

She turns back to look at Izuku and smiles, turning back to her husband. They don't say anything else as they leave. The awkwardness is melted away. Toga drags Twice out of the room, yelling about all the things she has to tell him. 

Dabi goes back out to train in the garden and Tomura follows after, probably going to his game room. Katsuki and Izuku go to follow him, but he turns on his heel and glares at them. 

"Leave me alone. Go do something by yourselves." 

He puts his hood up and pulls the strings, briskly walking away. Izuku and Katsuki look at each other, then laugh. Once they are out of the dining hall, they decide to go back to Izuku's old room. 

"Have you seen fizz anywhere?" 

Izuku plops down on the bed, the cat hair going into the air. He coughs and gives Katsuki a look. It's even more visible now that sunlight is coming in through the window. 

"Well, he was definitely here." 

Katsuki laughs and lays next to him. They both stare at the ceiling for a couple of minutes. There are markings on it, dents and scratches like it was repeatedly hit. It's hard to focus on them though with how small they are. 

"Why do i feel so exhausted all of the sudden?" 

Izuku turns his head to grin at him. Katsuki feels his green curls against his face. 

"Because you were around my parents for more than a minute." 

Katsuki grimaces slightly from remembering the whole dinner. 

"Is she... always like that?" 

It had kind of creeped him out the way her eyes would glaze over like she wasn't completely there. But it creeped him out even more when the life would go back into her eyes when she looked at Izuku. 

Izuku hums and turns his whole body to face Katsuki, the other doing the same with a concerned expression on his face. 

"Well, I don't think she was. She changed as i got older." 

Katsuki sees the bite marks on Izuku's lips and then looks back at his eyes. He wants to ask more but doesn't want to push. Izuku looks away, his arms wrapped around himself. Hes clearly uncomfortable with this, but Katsuki is glad he doesn't try to hide it. 

"She um... It's hard to explain." 

Katsuki nods and puts one of his hands on Izuku's arm, smiling gently at him. Izuku doesn't look at him, slightly tense. His first instinct is to pull away. 

"It's ok Izuku. I didn't want to talk about my uncle or aunt when i was dealing with all that shit. I'm not gonna force you to tell me anything you don't want to." 

Izuku finally looks at him, green eyes wide. They stare at each other and Izuku nods, hugging him tightly. Katsuki is surprised and makes a sound, but hugs back. 

Izuku's voice comes out soft and Katsuki barely hears it. 

"Thank you, Katsuki."