Chapter 56

"You know i could do all this myself Izuku..." 

He doesn't listen though, putting a big yellow backpack on while he wipes sunscreen into his own tan freckled skin. His own curls are covered with a hat matching Katsuki's. Hes wearing shorts and a white T-Shirt that reads 'Sun shirt' with his red shoes. 

"I know but i brought all this stuff. Here take some water." 

Izuku hands him a water bottle and suddenly Katsuki feels his tongue dry up. He twists the plastic cap and chugs it down. Izuku adjusts his backpack, locks the car, and puts the keys in his pocket.

Izuku has a camera with a strap, the black strap around his neck. 

Katsuki smiles at him and they both walk to the entrance to the zoo. It has metal structures of different animals all posing. Katsuki sees a metal structure of a lion, opening its mouth wide. Izuku looks at it and holds his camera up in his hands. 

"Go take a picture with it!" 

Katsuki raises an eyebrow and laughs. 

"You know you could just use your phone nerd." 

Izuku rolls his eyes playfully. 

"Yeah, but what's the fun in that? I feel like its cooler like this anyway." 

Katsuki walks to the metal lion and feels the heat coming off of it when he touches it. 

"Whatever you say dork." 

Katsuki looks at Izuku and gives him a grin. He hears the camera click and Izuku gives him a thumbs up. They go to the ticket booth near the gate and Izuku pays for the tickets, Katsuki looking around through the gate to see if he can see anything from where they are standing. 

There are a lot of people around, the excited buzz of background noise. Katsuki sees a little kid pulling at his mother's hand, a melting popsicle dripping all over his fingers and onto the ground. 

"Come on mama! Let's go see the giraffes! Those are the big one's mama lets go let's go!" 

The mother looks at him, a big smile on her face as she lets him lead the way. 

A little further down there is a man, a woman and a little girl walking together. The man is holding a map of the zoo, turning it around furiously. The little girl looks at him, a frown on her face. 

"Daddy, i want to see the zebras-" 

"Can't you see I'm trying to find them?! Just give me a damn minute!" 

The girl looks down, her eyes watering and her lip trembling. The women glares at the man. 

"Don't yell at her like that! It was your idea to come here in the first place so don't get all mad!" 

"Well, if the both of you would have stopped fucking bothering me about spending time with you then we wouldn't be here in the first place!" 

"If Fuyumi took us to the zoo-" 

"I don't give a fuck about what your ex would do! Fuyumi this Fuyumi that shut the hell up already!" 

Katsuki turns away, looking at Izuku.